Paula_Johnson on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
There are so many names I totally forget who I am looking for! My Dad's grandmother was Susan REGISTER. I even have a picture of her, but can not find her at all. My Dad was Willie Earl BRANTON b. 1/31/1939 Jackson Co., FL, d. 9/8/1998 Stone Park, IL buried at Pilgrims Rest Jackson Co., FL. His father was Howard Cue BRANTON, b. 12/31/1907 Black, AL, d. 7/1992 Chipley, Washington Co., FL buried at Pilgrim's rest in Jackson Co., FL m. Leona BARRENTINE b. 3/8/1912 Black, AL, d. 1965 Chipley, Washington Co., FL buried Pilgrims Rest Jackson Co., FL. Howard Cue's parents were Ephram BRANTON b. 10/27/1865 Geneva Co., AL d. 3/30/1944 DeLand, FL b. Pinehurst Cemetery DeLeon Springs, FL m. 1/17/1890 Frances Jane ATKINS b. 6/28/1873 Geneva Co., AL d. 2/22/1952 DeLeon Springs FL. (Her parents are listed as Robert "Bob" ATKINS and Liza (Eliza) SAPP.
Their children were:
1. Sidney William Tillman BRANTON b. 1893 d. 1918 (In France during WWI)
2. Rosa Ann BRANTON b. 1895 d. 1978 m. 1. Gus BRAZWELL m. 2 Titus TUCKER m. 3 William H. ADKINS
3. John Wesley "Wes" BRANTON b. 1897 d. 1964 m. Henrietta BUTLER
4. Frances Jane BRANTON b. 3/9/1899 d. 3/14/1996 m. Daniel Boone MCDONALD Sr.
5. Esie Lee "E.C" Or "Izzy" BRANTON b. 1901 d. 1977 m. 1 Mary Victoria BRASWELL m. 2 Edith Annie Elziabeth HARRIS
6. Connie Maple BRANTON b. 1903 d. 1966 m. Thomas George CARROLL
7. Louis or Lewis BRANTON b. 1905 d. 1926
8. Howard Cue BRANTON (see information above)
9. Artis Tue BRANTON b. 1909 d. 1982 (no info on marriages)
10. Leon B. BRANTON b. 1911 d. 1968 (no info on marriages)
Ephram BRANTON's parents are:
William R. BRANTON b. 3/23/1834 d. 9/23/1933 m. Susan REGISTER b. 10/13/1850 (some say 1848). It says and cannot be verified that her parents were William REGISTER b. abt 1808 m. Nancy ? b. abt 1810.
I have a list of William R. and Susans kids, but there are a lot of questions so until I find definite proof, I just leave it mostly alone.
William R BRANTON's parents were:
John BRANTON b. abt 1813 NC d. bef 1860 m. Anna J. (Afjane) HALEY b. abt 1822 SC d. aft 1870
1. Ainelia (Angeline) BRANTON b. abt 1841
2. Martha C. BRANTON b. abt 1841 d. abt 1892
3. Tabbitha Ann BRANTON b. abt 1847
4. William R. BRANTON b. 1834 d. 1933 (mine above)
5. Bethiam (? on spelling) BRANTON b. abt 1848
6. Eveline BRANTON b. abt 1850
7. Samuel I. BRANTON b. abt 1854
John BRANTON's parents were:
Maturan or Maturin BRANTON b. bef 1770 d. aft 1850 Columbus County, NC m. Martha GODWIN b. abt 1771 Bladen County, NC
Martha GODWIN's parents are:
David GODWIN m. Catherine PEARCE
Ok, that is about all I can think of.
I am searching for my great great grandparents. JIM HINSON m. NANCY CAROLINE CONNER(OR). My Great Grandfather was Lawson L. Hinson, b. 2/14/1870 in Henry County, AL (it is listed as Houston County, AL now, but Houston County did not become a county until 1908. Henry County was divided to become Houston County). Anyway, he married 1st JOSEPHINE "DODY" HERRING in Henry County, AL on Jyly 2nd, 1893 (recorded in book 1889 page 526)They spelled his name "Lawson HENSON" and she was listed as "DODY" Herring. Lawson 2nd married Renie (maiden name unknown), she was previously married to an IRVING. Lawson actually died right over the line of Houston Co., AL in Jackson Co., FL. July 7th, 1943. He and Josephine are buried at Antioch Assembly of God in Houston Co., AL (it is listed in the Cemetery Records as being in Jackson Co., FL). We have only been able to find Lawson in 1 census in Alabama. Nothing before or after. ODD don't you think. Anyway, I got his parents names from his death certificate and it states that JIM HINSON AND NANCY CAROLINE CONNER (OR) were both born in Alabama. As you can imagine there are 100's or JIM HINSON's out there. UGH. Any help would be appreciated.
Oh, just as a side, Josephine "Dody" Herring's parents were WILLIAM G. "RUGER" HERRING AND CARRIE C. DAVIS brothers and sisters were WILLIAM PERRY "BUD" HERRING, HATTIE HERRING, ELIZAH A "TINK" HERRING, AND CHARLES O. "BABE" HERRING.
Children of LAWSON HINSON and JOSEPHINE HERRING are:
i. MARY HINSON.
ii. VICTORIA HINSON.
iii.VICIE HINSON, m. LONNIE SASSER.
iv. CARRIE HINSON, m. AURTHUR FREE.
v. RUBY MAE HINSON, m. ARTHUR WEST.
vi. ELBERT HINSON, m. (1) OLLIE MOODY; m. (2) MYRTLE ?.
vii.SONNY BOSS HINSON, m. LORNA MAE SELLERS.
viii. PERRY HINSON, m. NADINE HUTTO.
ix. JAMES 'SPROUT' HINSON, m. ALMA HUTTO.
3. x. J.C. HINSON m. SARAH MELISSA MAT(T)HEWS "Sally" these are my grand parents.
J.C. HINSON and SARAH MELISSA MAT(T)HEWS had the following children:
1. Vernell (bROOKINS)
2. Sarah Helen (WILLIAMS/GALLOWAY)
3. Johnnie Theo (deceased)(HUDSON/MCCOMB)
4. Curtis LaDon
5. Onnie Jean (CONRAD)
6. Betty Joyce (my mother-deceased)(HUDSON/BRANTON)
7. Sally Mae (twin)(BEARDSLY/JACKSON)
8. James Truman (twin)
9. Barbara Dale (RILEY/DEESE)
10. Dorman Lee (deceased)
11. Gurtha "Biddy" (ROWELL/MURPHY)
I am searching for any information on my great great grandmother, Sarah M. Raley. We just found out recently that the M. possibly stood for McCoy. We have been told many stories one of which was that she was an indentured servant and the father of her 3 children was the man (who was married) that she was indentured to. She had William Raley (who was last known living in Houston County, AL. Leola Raley (my great grandmother) who last lived in the Cottonwood/Grangeberg, AL area and is supposed to be buried at Bethelham in the same area. Leola was married 3 times (1) John Wesley Barrenting they had my grandmother: Leona Barrentine Branton, she 2nd married ? Jarvis, they had 3 children. David Jarvis who lived in the Taylor/Rehobeth area he was the custodian of Rehobeth High School in Rehobbeth, Houston Co. AL, Edna Raley who married ? Prevatt (still living) They lived in Houston Co., AL. Lola B. Raley m. ? Anderson (still living)in Houston Co., AL The last child of Sarah M. Raley is unknown. The new name has brought up many questions: was she married? What happened to her husband? Was she indentured and why? Who was the family she lived with and could the man be the father of the children. I did speak to William several years ago, and he stated that was a fact, but refused to talk about it anymore, he was not happy.
- Displaying 1-3 of 3 Journals