TracySW on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
Category: SHEPHERDSON, Nellie
My great great grandmother Emma Amelia Cox was born in Long Sutton Somerset, England, married Jan 2 1875 in Euroa, Victoria to Robert Thomas BEATON b.1854 in Euroa Vic They had five children; Ellen Jane b. Mar 14 1877 being my great grandmother who married Nov 17, 1897 William Herbert SHEPHERDSON b. Nov 11 1875 in Trentham Vic, they had eight children Evelyn Maud, Herbert, Robert Timothy, Roy Clifford, Nellie, William Beaton, Norma Eileen and Joyce Amelia.
My grandmother Nellie married Otto Soderholm.
Ellis Parker COX and his wife Mary WESTLAKE along with at least 2 of their children Emma and Henry came from Long Sutton Somerset, England. They emigrated on the "Undaunted" to Australia, Leaving Plymouth on 5/6/1857 and arrived in Melbourne 20/08/1857
They had two more children in Australia Mary b.1858 d. 1860 and Ellis b.1860 d. 1860. Mary Westlake died in 1860
Ellis remarried Bridget Mahoney or Meahan (hmmm need to find out which one) who was born 1827 in Tipperary, Ireland d.Feb 4 1897 Victoria They had four children.
My six times great grandmother Mary WHARTON was born in 1707 ? and died in Wintringham, Yorkshire 1786. He parents were John WHARTON and Elizabeth DRING both born around 1690s.
Mary married George Shepherdson 1738 West Helsterton, Yorkshire, England. Both died in Wintringham
I recently purchased a copy of the Wintrigham Parish Registers 1558 - 1812 Wharton is spelt a few different ways; Whorton, warton, worton.
If anyone would like me to look up anything from this parish just ask.
There are some interesting spelling variances on a lot of surnames, not to mention the months and other words like chayld (child). Trying to fathom the years is feat in itself as the year is shown as "in the sixth reign of our sovereign" etc you have to work out the king or queen of that period.
My 3 x great grandparents Robert SHEPHERDSON and Mary ANDERSON Immigrated to Australia on the 10 Jun 1849 to South Australia ON FLORENTINA
with five surviving children, arriving with six. Timothy child number 11 is my 2 x great grandfather.
1. Robert SHEPHERDSON was born 21 Feb 1813 in East Heslerton, Yorkshire, England and died 16 Dec 1877 in Trentham, Kynetonshire, Victoria. He married Mary ANDERSON 12 Jul 1834 in Helperthorpe, Yorkshire, England. She was born 10 Dec 1815 in Helperthorpe, Yorkshire, England and died 20 May 1867 in Trentham, Victoria Reg/No 5825, daughter of Timothy ANDERSON and Mary MILNER. He married HANNAH Ellison 02 Oct 1867 in Kyneton, Victoria, Australia. She was born 1834 in Burslem STS and died 04 Jan 1920 in Kyneton, Victoria, Australia.
Immigration: 10 Jun 1849 in South Australia ON FLORENTINA
Children of Robert SHEPHERDSON and Mary ANDERSON:
1. Elizabeth Shepherdson was born 20 Jun 1835 in Helperthorpe, Yorkshire, England and died 1835
2. Anderson Timothy Shepherdson was born 1836 in Yorkshire, England and died 24 Nov 1904 in Adelaide, SA, Australia
3. Elizabeth Shepherdson was born 05 Aug 1838 in Helperthorpe, Yorkshire, England and died 1867
4. Ann Shepherdson was born 1840 in Helperthorpe, Yorkshire, England
5. Charlotte Shepherdson was born 1843 in Helperthorpe, Yorkshire, England and died 1843
6. Charlotte Shepherdson was born 1844 in Helperthorpe, Yorkshire, England and died 1936
7. George William John Shepherdson was born 02 Feb 1846 in Helperthorpe, Yorkshire, England and died 04 Jun 1911 in Kyneton,
8. Mary Shepherdson was born 1848 in Helperthorpe, Yorkshire, England and died 1848 in Helperthorpe, Yorkshire, England
9. Mary Florentina Shepherdson was born May 1849 in At Sea on the Florentina and died 1934 in Helperthorpe, Yorkshire, England
10. Jane Shepherdson was born 04 Dec 1851 in Adelaide, South Australia and died 1851
11. Timothy Anderson SHEPHERDSON was born 14 Aug 1852 in Nairn, Adelaide, South Australia and died 26 Aug 1918 in Narribri, NSW, Australia
12. Hannah Shepherdson was born 07 Apr 1856 in Wesley Vale Mount Barker South Australia and died 1888
Children of Robert SHEPHERDSON and HANNAH Ellison:
13. Robert Ellison Shepherdson was born 1868 in Kyneton, Victoria, Australia and died 1920 in Maryborough, Victoria
14. John William Shepherdson was born 1869 in Kyneton, Victoria, Australia and died 1870 in Kyneton, Victoria, Australia
15. William Mountford Shepherdson was born 1871 in Spring Hill, Victoria, Australia
16. John Banks Shepherdson was born 1871 in Spring Hill, Victoria, Australia and died 1874 in Tylden, Victoria, Australia
17. Samuel James Shepherdson was born 1873 in Tylden, Victoria, Australia and died 1874 in Kyneton, Victoria, Australia
My 3 x great grandmother Mary Beaton (nee Thomson. was born in Edinburgh in 1821 (according to her shipping and death records). Her father was Robert Thomson and on Mary's marriage record to William Beaton in 1841 it states Robert was a Accoutrement Maker - ( maker of Military Clothing and Accessories) from 17 Dacre Street Westminster. On Mary's death record it states he was a saddler and that her mother was Ellen Fleming, after many years of searching I ended up putting in her first name only with her fathers name and with the process of elimination I found her record, it turned out her mother's name was different to that on Mary's death certificate. birth record has her mother as Jane Allen
That is all the information I have on them and would like to find out more.
I did find out that there was Bryan & Price & Co accoutrement makers of 8-9 Dacre Street Westminster, London.
I found a Robert Thomson married to Anne who was a saddler on a census but I cannot access my data at present to find what location it was in the UK.
John, Robert, Mary and Elizabeth
Otto HaraLd SODERHOLM was born in Abo,(now Turku), Finland Sep 26 1891.
His parents were Otto Albert Soderholm and Ida Emilia Engblom
In the communionbook 1885 -1894 page 36
Tullvaktmästaren Otto Albert Söderholm born 10 Jan 1868 in Rimito He moved in 25 May 1889 to Kumlinge from Korpo, He took the holy communion 30 Nov 1890 and was married 1891 to "Mejerskan" Ida Emilia Engblom born 18 Aug 1864 in Åbo. She moved in from Björne? ( Björneborg) 4 Apr? 1889.
I believe "Mejerskan" means dairymaid
Ida Emilia b.1864 had a sister Olga Helena Engblom b.1858 they both may have been illegitimate, their mother was HELENA CHRISTINA HENRIKSDOTTER ANJALIN
OTTO ALBERT SODERHOLM
In 1892 Otto deserted his wife and son to go to the USA. He arrived in Wisconsin where he later remarried Swedish girl Maria Stina Johnson in 1896 in Milwaukee and had two children, Ernest b.1897 d.1897 and Mabel b.1898.
When Maria's father died, the family immigrated to Sweden. They had two more children Inez b.1901 and Gustav "Harry" (funny how his nickname was Harry when he had a half brother called Harald living, whom as far as I know probably didn't know his half sibling existed) Gustav married in 1945 but never had children, he died in 1978 and the two girls died in the 1930s of tuberculosis.
Otto's parents were Josef Josefsson SÖDERHOLM and Klara Gustava Michelsdotter EKLUND.
Parish records show Ida as still married in 1935 when she died.
- Displaying 1-6 of 6 Journals