brutus1955 on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
George John Bremmer, was born 27 May 1830, Hanover, Wuerrtemberg, Niedersachsen, Germany. He married Catherine Dorothea King "Koenig", around 1849-1852 in Hanover, Germany.
To this union I have found 3 children: Katherine Bremmer, Henry E Bremmer and Dora Bremmer, all born in Hanover Germany. George and his family immigrated to United States around 1868. They all lived in Logansville, Wisconsin from 1869-1872. They arrived in Osceola County, Iowa around 1873.
1. Katherine Bremmer (daughter), was born 12 Sept 1855, Hanover, Wuerrtemberg, Germany. Katherine married Robert John Richardson, 22 Sept 1873, Sibley, Osceola, Iowa. Robert John Richardson was born 9 Feb 1847, Belfast, Ireland. He was the son of Robert Richardson and Jane Fenton. He immigrated to US around 1860.
To this union were born: Edith Dorothy Richardson, Edwin John Richardson, Randolph R. Richardson, Mae Katherine Richardson, Nina R Richardson and George Robert Richardson. Robert John Richardson, died 18 Aug 1931, Sibley, Osceola, Iowa and Katherine Bremmer/Richardson, died 23 Sept 1940, Sibley, Osceola, Iowa.
2. Henry E Bremmer (son), was born 27 Sept 1859, Hanover, Edelsdorf, Germany. He married twice: 1st to Martha Rhoda Green who was born 25 March 1857, Jackson county, Iowa. She was the daughter of James Green and Elizabeth Spurgeon. They divorce 29 March 1904, Webster County, Iowa. Henry married for the 2nd time to Louise "Emma" Elizabeth Hecker. "see Henry E Bremmer"
3. Dora Bremmer (daughter), was born 25 Nov 1860, Hanover, Wuerrtemberg, Germany. She married John Graves on 15 Dec 1878, Osceola County, Iowa. John was born 19 May 1854, Schleswig Holstein, Germany and died 27 Nov 1918, Osceola County, Iowa. To this union no children have been found. Dora Bremmer/Graves died 27 Nov 1942, Sibley, Osceola, Iowa.
Henry E. Bremmer, was the son of George John Bremmer and Catherine Dorothea King "Koenig". Henry was born 27 Sept 1859, Hanover, Edelsodorf, Germany. The Bremmer family emigrated around 1868. They first settle in Logansville, Wisconsin from 1869-1872, when the moved to Ocheyedan, Osceola, Iowa. Henry married Martha Rhoda Green, on 23 Nov 1878, rock Rapids, Lyon, Iowa. Martha was born 25 March 1857, Jackson County, Iowa to James Green and Elizabeth Spurgeon.
To this union were born: James Henry Bremmer, Carl Jerry Bremmer, Earl LeRoy Bremmer and Bessie "Bee" Elizabeth Bremmer. Henry and Martha file for divorce, 20 March 1902, in Hardin County, Iowa. This was a very mess divorce and made the newspapers, 29 March 1904, the divorce was final.
Henry remarried on 25 Dec 1904, to Louise "Emma" Elizabeth Hecker, in Marathon county, Wisconsin. Louise "Emma" Hecker/Bremmer died in 1912 during child birth and the baby was stillborn.
Henry died 15 Sept 1913, in Ocheyedan, Osceola County, Iowa. Martha Rhoda Green/Bremmer never remarried and she past away 3 April 1942, in Marshalltown, Iowa.
1. James Henry Bremmer (son), was born 22 July 1879, Ocheyedan, Osceola County, Iowa. He married Emma Amelia Hahn, on 11 Oct 1900, Morgan, Franklin County, Iowa. To this union were born: Gladys Beatrice Bremmer, Opal Lois Bremmer, Gerald Lloyd Bremmer, Donald Wayne Bremmer and Doloris Vivian Bremmer. Emma Amelia Hahn/Bremmer died on 2 July 1951, Eldora, Hardin County, Iowa. James Henry Bremmer, died 6 Feb 1961, Eldora, Hardin County, Iowa.
2. Carl Jerry Bremmer (son), was born 3 Dec 1881, Sibley, Osceola, Iowa. He married Lucy Methesmith Sharpe on 23 April 1900, Iowa Falls, Hardin county, Iowa. To this union were born: Leroy Farland Bremmer, Russell Carl Bremmer, Glee Catharine Bremmer, Quentin Martha Bremmer, Winnifred Rhoda Bremmer, Lucille Gertrude Bremmer and Earl Henry Bremmer. Lucy and Carl were divorce on 25 Aug 1927- in Webster County, Iowa. This also was not a friendly divorce and made the newspapers.
Lucy moved to California in 1930 and Carl (Winnifred's family) came in 1936. Carl died on 6 Oct 1948, Los Angeles, California. Lucy Methesmith Sharpe/Bremmer died 5 Sept 1955, Los Angeles, California.
Jacob Marion McPherson was born 30 May 1847, in Sinking Creek Valley, Craig County, Virginia. He was the son of Adam McPherson and Susan Ross. He Join the 11th Battalion Virginia Reservers Company B at the age of 15. I have found notes written by his son Jacob Edgar McPherson showing that he was discharge in May 1865 from the 4th Virginia Battalion of Virginia.
Jacob Edgar McPherson in his notes states that his father came to Dallas Texas on 28 Dec 1867. I have not found any records as of today, showing he was in Texas. I have learned that he married Cora Eudora Hawpe, on 26 Jan 1871, in Dallas Texas. Cora was born 26 Feb 1854, in Dallas County, Texas. She was the daughter of Trezevant Calhoun Hawpe "4th sheriff of Dallas, the 1st sheriff to hang a women" and Electa ann Underwood/Bethurum.
To this union were born: Albert Ross McPherson, Ollie May McPherson, Jacob Edgar McPherson, Anna Pearl McPherson, Byron Conda Mcpherson Roy Herman McPherson, Tresvant Carl McPherson Sr., Alta Erin McPherson and Ruby Fay McPherson.
Jacob Marion McPherson, past away on 20 Aug 1921, in Cleburne, Johnson county, Texas and Cora Eudora Hawpe/McPherson past away 26 Sept 1943, Cleburne, Johnson county, Texas.
1. Albert Ross McPherson (son), was born 20 Dec 1871, Dallas County, Texas, he married Mary Magdalene Miller, on 27 Sept 1896 in Cleburne, Johnson County, Texas. I have learned that his sister Anna Pearl McPherson was married the same day as he was. Looking at the marriage record, I believe it was a double wedding.
Albert and Mary, were parents to Jewel Curtis McPherson, Marion Schultz McPherson, Albert Ross McPherson, Cora Margarete McPherson, Herman Miller McPherson, baby McPherson and Harry McPherson. Albert Ross McPherson pasted away 24 Oct 1952, Tarrant county, Texas and Mary Magdalene Miller/McPherson past away 4 May 1955, Cleburne, Johnson County, Texas.
2. Ollie May McPherson (daughter), was born 27 Sept 1873, Dallas county, Texas and died 11 April 1884, Dallas county, Texas
3. Jacob Edgar McPherson (son), was born 6 Nov 1874, Dallas County, Texas. He married twice: 1st time to Henry Myrtle Graves on 21 Dec 1896, Cleburne, Johnson county, Texas. Myrtle as she was called died 11 March 1939, Springtown, Texas. To this union were born: Nita Iona McPherson, Preston Graves McPherson, Lita Pearle McPherson, Thelma Jo McPherson, Alva Bryan McPherson, Baby McPherson, Forrest Brooks McPherson.
Jacob Edgar McPherson married a second time to: Ann Josephine Lacey on 19 Oct 1941, Texas. Ann Josephine Lacey/McPherson died 18 Sept 1970, Abilene, Taylor, Texas. Jacob Edgar McPherson, past away 3 Dec 1973, Abilene, Taylor, Texas.
4. Anna Pearl McPherson (daughter), was born 28 Jan 1878, Joshua, Johnson, Texas. She married John Lewis Casstevens, on 27 Sept 1896, Cleburne, Johnson county, Texas. To this union were born: Raymond Wayne Casstevens, Oluff John Casstevens, Marion Stanley Casstevens and Dorothy Waynelle Casstevens. John Lewis Casstevens past away 9 April 1957, Johnson County, Texas. Anna never remarried and she past away 14 Dec 1974, Pleasant Point Texas.
5. Byron Conda McPherson (son), was born 31 Jan 1880, Dallas county, Texas and past away 23 July 1902, Pleasant Point Texas.
6. Roy Herman McPherson (son) was born 29 Jun 1882, Dallas county, Texas. He married Anna Stark Cox on 14 Dec 1904, Lillian, Johnson county, Texas. To this union were born: Hurman Louvice McPherson and Jacob Benjamin McPherson. Roy Herman McPherson died on 3 Oct 1933, in Tipton Oklahoma. Anna Stark Cox/McPherson died 28 April 1969, El Paso County, Texas.
7. Tresvant Carl McPherson Sr. (son) was born 17 July 1885, Dallas county, Texas. He married Marietta Wallace on 2 July 1907, Lillian, Johnson county, Texas. To this union were born: Mildred McPherson, Marvis Ione McPherson, and Tresvant Carl McPherson Jr. Marietta Wallace/McPherson died 10 Dec 1960, Ft Worthy,Tarrant County, Texas. Tresvant Carl McPherson Sr., died 10 July 1972, Ft Worth, Tarrant County, Texas.
8. Mable Clare McPherson (daughter), was born 9 Oct 1888, Pleasant Point, Johnson county, Texas. She married William Ernest Evans Miller on 22 Jun 1909, Cleburne, Johnson county, Texas. To this union were born: Lura Faye Miller and William Marion Miller. Mable Clare McPherson/Miller died on 10 Oct 1959 in Cleburne, Johnson county, Texas. William Ernest Evans Miller died 15 Dec 1973, Cleburne, Johnson county, Texas.
9. Alta Erin McPherson (daughter), was born 4 Jun 1890, Johnson county, Texas and died 18 April 1894, Pleasant Point, Johnson county, Texas.
10. Ruby Fay McPherson (daughter), was born 8 Dec 1895, Pleasant Point, Johnson County, Texas. She married william Marion Yater Jr., on 16 April 1917, Cleburne, Johnson County, Texas. To this union were born: Cora Fay Yater, Billie Louis Yater, and Carrie Marie Yater. William Marion Yater Jr., died on 12 March 1981, San Antonio, Bexar Texas. Ruby Fay McPherson/Yater died 23 Dec 1988, in Camal County, Texas.
I started researching my family history, "Bremmers-Sharpe-Blanco-Johnson-Rice-Carty," first. Thanks to my Aunt Winnifred and Uncle Vernon Jones. When I married Chris, his family wanted to know about their family history, "Best-McPherson-Christopher-Bennett-Waldron-Ross".
So the hunt for information was on. I have learned that the stories that were past down from family members, are not always rosy or true. I have unlock doors and looked inside and things that I have found, sometimes have taken my breath away. I learned to scan family photos, put old movies, videos, slides on DVD because when someone passes away, things always sprout legs and walks off, they are lost forever, along with family stories.
I always travel with computer, scanner, small tape record, camera, video camera and a good and understanding husband.
- Displaying 1-4 of 4 Journals