georgiawesten on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
History of Keilor Park Reserve -Part of Henry and James Delahey's 717 acre holdings. Later Subdivided into 4 Lots
Keilor Park Reserve
Seeking information on section 20 Doutta Gulla -Delaheys land in Keilor Park[currently the keilor park reserve].
Specifically info on the Keilor and St Albans Water Trust Scheme, merger into MMBW and Melbourne Water.On the look out for old water rates and contributions paid to Water trust and MMBW. Can anyone help?
Section 20 Doutta Gulla
Historical Title source:
1893: 13th May : Volume 2473 folio 501- Henry Delahey of Maxwell street Moonee ponds and James Delahey proprietors of seven hundred and seven acres....part of crown portion 20 keilor parish Doutta Gulla county of Bourke1.
1912: James Delahey died [probate notice] 31st May 1912
property granted to Jessie Delahey widow. After death of James Delahey his widow secures one half of property and brother in law subdivide 717 acres into 4 Lots.
On August 1912 transfer as to one undivided half part -new title 3626 folio 725126- secures her half
1919: 4 Lot Subdivision -: Volume 4424 folio 884724 ...transfer as to part to John Ward 18th November 1919.
1921: 24th May [What is now Keilor Park Reserve]- subdivision-:Volume No 4452 folio 890351 transfer as to part to Robert Williamson of Keilor -two hundred and seventeen acres being part of crown portion 20 at Keilor Dotta Gulla...
1924: 7th October :Volume 5038 folio 1007577- Alfred Bock/could be Cock] transferred to William Bennett Wright 24th December 1926
Remaining land subdivided
1957:-volume 8200 folio 338- 14 acres 3roods 14 perches Proprietors -Violet Alice Nicholls and James Nicholls
1958:-Volume 8200 folio 337- 14 acres '' " Proprietors-Jack Borrell
1963: 7th February Volume 8422 folio 016 Further subdivision of Robert Williamsons property [Keilor Park Reserve] is created approx one hundred eighty two acres-proprietors are now Greame and Peter Williams- Medical practitioners from Toorak.
1974: 7th March "The Mayor Councillors and Citizens of the City of Keilor is now proprietor" bought from the Williams.
Further subdivision by Brimbank Council
2009: 31st July Lot B approx 64.08 hectares [approx 158 acres] proprietor City Of Brimbank Volume 11152 Folio 051
" Lot A approx 6.6 hectares [approc 16.6 acres] [which was part of Keilor Park Reserve sold to MAB . Checking on this.
- Displaying 1-1 of 1 Journals