idaho on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
The family originated in Malta, were sailors and settled in Woolloomooloo in Sydney.
Great great grandfather: Andrew Farrugia m. Antonie De Gorgie in Malta.
Great grandfather: Andrew Farrugia, occupation Coal Lumper, (b. 1857 d. 8.3.1913 aged 56) m. Mary Ann Flanagan (24) in Malta. Lived in Sydney Australia for 40 years.
They had two boys:
1. Frank Farrugia (b. 1881- d. 18.5.1943) (mother Mary Anne) m. Violet Mabel Turton (d.1965) in 1906 Canterbury Sydney Australia. They had 6 children.
2. Andrew Farrugia, Master Mariner (b.19.5.1884 - d.27.3.1969) aged 86. Mother Mary Anne Shelton nee Daley (aged 23.) m. Ida Bamfield in 1910 (b.22.2.1879 d.9.8.1958 Narrabeen Australia) aged 80. They had 2 children.
History Frank Farrugia.
1. John Andrew Farrugia b.9.9.19907 Manly d. 9.10.1988. He m. Muriel Jeffries b. 8.12.1908 Bathurst d. 2.7.1984 in 1929 in Manly.
They had 3 children. 1. Frank b. 1930 d. 1956 m. Lillian Pye 1 son Allan. 2. Dawn b. 25.4.1937 m. Bruce Charlton 1959. 3 children Cathy, Julie and Lynne. 3. Jean b. 8.12.1948 m. Ian Pearson. They had 6 children. Glen, Sandra, Gary, Debbie, Elizabeth, Brett.
2. Frank Neville b.15.5.1909 m. Helen Hawkins.
3. Leslie George 27.10.1911 m. Thelma Brown.
4. Doreen b. 1914 m. Geoff Mumford d. 2013 son Graham b. m.
5. Keith Alan 1.1.1917 m. Betty Stuart. 2 children Keith and Brian.
6. Beryl b. 1920 m. Still 1 child Doreen, m. George Pocock no children.
History Andrew Farrugia
1. Ina Mavis b.22.2.1911 d. 9.10.1996 m. Herbert Saville Lyddieth b. 21.1.1900 d. 30.8.1971.
They had 6 children. Trevor b. 1932 d. 1971 Brian Allen, b. 1934 d. 2011. Valerie Gail, b. 1942. David Bruce, b. 1944 d. 2010. Robyn Lorraine, b. 1946. Laurence Herbert b. 1948 d. 1950.
2. Andrew Edward aka Eddie b. 1913 d. 2007. m. 1928 Margaret Kelly b. Ireland 1915 d. 1954. They had 4 children
Imelda, b. 1941 m. ? 1 child Kelly. m. Barry Mason Helen, b. 1943 m. Phillip Dickason. Margaret, b. 1945 m. Robert Cain. ?3 children m. ? Edward, b. 1953 3 children? Partner Mary Fredericks. d. 1990? no children.
Reikie family, could be spelt Riekie, John. Family came from Fyfe, Scotland.
John m. Mary Davidson (b. 1785 d. 1844) on 25.2.1844.
Their son, John (b. 1825/24 d. 31.1.1912) married Janet Walker Thompson in St Monance Fife Scotland. They lived and he was an Assistant/Deputy Superintendent of Police in Lahore India. They had ten children. First child, daughter Janet.
Daughter Janet Durie at age 25 (born Kent, England in 1847) married Henry Edward Loch Bamfield in Bombay India in 1875.
Henry's father was Albert Henry Bamfield (b 1824 England) who married Charlotte Bidwell (b. 4 Jan 1828) on 1 Jan 1851). They had seven children all born in India. The eldest Henry Edward Loch Bamfield, the only boy.
Janet b. 1847 (their 2nd child) and Henry E.L. Bamfield (b. 1 Nov 1851) had three/four children.
1. Ethel Janet May, aka May (born Kussowlie, West Bengal, or 46 Dhurrumtollah St, Calcutta on 1 May 1876)
2. Charlotte Emma (was born 1877 in Loodiana India died England 1879).
3. Ida b. 22.2.1879 Manchester England m Andrew Farrugia 1910 b. Wooloomooloo 1884 d. 1969.
4. Henry Edward John Bamfield (b. England 1880 d. Sydney Australia 1882)
5. Henry Edward Loch Bamfield b.1886 d. 1931 m. Rose Andrews (m. 1932 Edward J Gleeson)
Their first child, Ethel Janet May (also known as May) b. 1.5.1876 married Albert Jordan Robinson in 1899, and had one daughter, Frances Durie Ethel May b. 1.5.1900 and died at aged 15 on 9.2.1916. They divorced 1927. May died of burns on 5.11.1934. Albert Robinson had one son of same name to Georgina Humphreys in 1910 and another son Gregory to Isabel Morrin in 1920 m. 1932. Albert Robinson Jnr had 2 children Angus and Fergus.
Their second child, Charlotte Emma Bamfield born 31.10.1877 died England 1879.
Third child Ida Bamfield b. Manchester England She married Andrew Farrugia (see Farrugia) in 1910.
Two children. Ina Mavis b. 22.2.1911, d. 9.10.1996.(My mother) And Andrew Edward aka Eddie Farrugia. Ina married Herbert Saville Lyddieth b. 21.1.1900 (see Lyddieth) on 26.9.1931 and had six children.
Grandma Ida Farrugia died on 9.8.1958.
Their third child born in 1880, Henry Edward John Bamfield (born England 1880) who died at aged 2 yrs in Sydney after being here for 5 months. On his death certificate it states that his father is deceased.
Their fourth child, Henry Edward Loch or Locke (b. 1886 England and d. 2.5.1931 of T.B. (I can't find birth in Australia) m. Rose Emmeline Andrews in 1912. Henry E L died at age 45 and Rose remarried in 1932 to Edward J Gleeson.
- Displaying 1-2 of 2 Journals