jehb on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
Timothy Lomasney and Ellen Moher of Ireland may be Timothy Loensaney and Ellen Matser who immigrated on the Ship Arabella May 14 1846, Left Liverpool and arrived New York. They were married 22 Jun 1847 in New London, Connecticut. Can't find them in 1850 census. They moved west to what is now West Virginia. They are listed in the 1860/1870/1880 Federal Census for West Virginia. Timothy and Ellen moved to Trenton, where he died Aug, 1886 and Ellen in May of 1909. Ellen is in the 1900 New Jersey Census. I have the marriage record, death records for both, and a newspaper obituary for Ellen.
1. Timothy born Connecticut and moved to Cincinnati. He served in the Civil War as a musician at the age of 13. He worked on the M & C Railroad (Marietta & Cincinnati) and died 1890. He married Catherine Phieffer (she died 1892) and had six children. Only one child married and had a family. two died as infants, three died as young adults with no families. William, Catherine, Bernard and Mary.
2. Edward went to Chicago then to California. He married Anne Veazy and had one daughter. Edith
3. Mary Ellen was born in Newport, Ohio. She married Bernard Heslin and had six children, two died as infants. They moved to Columbus, Ohio before 1885. C E, Peter, Mary, Bernard, John and Anna.
4. Elizabeth born c 1856 and died before 1870.
5. John was born in Parkersburg, WV he married twice and had three children, he moved to Trenton, NJ and died after 1930. John, Ada and Theodore.
6. Annie born Parkersburg, she married Charles Clegg and stayed in West Virginia. They had nine children. Frank, Otto, Robert, Florence, Charles, Blanche, Arthur, Elnora, Edward.
7. Katherine born WV and moved to Trenton, NJ after her marriage to Otto Swick. They had three children. Annie Mary, William and Rose.
- Displaying 1-1 of 1 Journals