julz58 on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
Looking for anyone who may have a Mary Ann HARROGATE born c. 1863 in England who married in about 1882 (unsure where) to John Thomas Urwin (b. 1862 Tynemourth,ENG d. 1892 ENG.
They had children Robert (1883), Ellen (1885), George (1885-1885) and George (b 1892).
John died in 1892 in ENG.
Mary Ann then married in 1900 in New Zealand to George HENDERSON.
What I don't know is how she got to New Zealand.
I believe that Mary Ann's parents were Robert HARROGATE and Elizabeth SPOORS of Newcastle-on-Tyne, Northumberland, and that she has siblings Jane, Elizabeth, Robert and Isabella.
The daughter Ellen married several times - to a Maori chap named Taare RANGIKAWHATAU; to a Mr. Vercoe or Vircoe; and to John Henry Frederich RICHARDS.
Any assistance with this family would be greatly appreciated.
Looking for contact with anyone descended from Henry GOLDFINCH born 25 Sep 1820 Deptford, ENG and baptised 29 Oct 1820 also at Deptford, son of John & Sarah Goldfinch.
This family ARE NOT related to the many GOLDFINCH families who came to South Australia from Calais and the Channell Islands who were lace makers. This is an entirely different family of GOLDFINCH.
Henry was born in Deptford and bapatised there. He arrived in South Australia aboard the ship Recovery on 19 Sept 1839 from Plymouth. I believe he was travelling alone.
On 4 Dec 1845 he married Jane HILLMAN sister of John & Leonard Hillman who were farmers of Nairne and surrounding areas. Jane was born in 1816 at Launceston, CON and arrived in SA aboard Katherine Stewart Forbes with her brothers in 1837.
After the marriage Henry & Jane GOLDFINCH moved to a property near Milang, where they lived out their lives and raise their 7 children. Jane died at Strathalbyn on 13 Feb 1895 and Henry died on 22 Jul 1911 at Milang. Both are buried at Milang.
Their children were:-
1) Margaret Olive GOLDFINCH b. 14 Sep 1846 Mt Barker, SA; m. 23 Apr 1870 Milang to Jabez WILLIAMS . They had 4 children, with the birth of the youngest taking Margaret's life. Jabez then married again in 1878 to Olive Brady and had another nine children. The first four children were raised with these.
2) Elizabeth Mary Ann GOLDFINCH b. 22 Nov 1848 Mt Barker, SA; m. 7 May 1878 Milang, SA to Alfred Alexander PARNELL. Like her sister, Elizabeth died from complications of childbirth. They had 6 children between 1878 and 1891, and Elizabeth died within a few days of the birth of the youngest in 1891. Aldred remarried to Agnes Haddow Findlater only a couple of years after Elizabeth died (I don't know of any children to the second marriage).
3) Henry GOLDFINCH b. 20 Feb 1850 Strathalbyn, SA; m. 22 Nov 1872 Milang, SA to Margaret COAD. They had two children - Elizathe Jennett 1873-1936 and Henry 1879-1967.
4) Jane GOLDFINCH b. 18 Feb 1852 Strathalbyn, SA; m. 15 Apr 1880 Milang, SA to Arthur Inkster MURRAY. They had 7 children between 1880 and 1891 but only two or three lived to adulthood.
5) Leonard GOLDFINCH b. 3 Dec 1853 Strathalbyn, SA; m. 2 May 1899 Goolwas, SA to Mary Bourne and had 3 children between 1900 and 1906.
6) Frederic GOLDFINCH b. 20 Feb 1856 Strathalbyn. I have not yet established any further details of this man's life.
7) Thomas GOLDFINCH b. 5 Dec 1858 Strathalbyn, SA; m. 27 Aug 1893 to Johanna Agnes LALOR and had 4 children. Thomas died in Jun 1941 at Magill and his wife shortly thereafter.
Looking for descendants of Thomas BOTT and Mary MARRIOTT of Brigstock, Northamptonshire, ENG. He was born in about 1772 and she in about 1777. Mary died in Brigstock in September 1856 and was buried there.
They had 8 children:-
1) William Joseph BOTT bp. 1 Jun 1803 Wellingbrough, Northamptonshire. William married before 1850 in SA but don't know name of wife as yet - and had children Isabella, James Peter, and Selina. William married again to Mary Patrick in 1856 and had another child Samuel Solon. William came to South Australia with William's parents in 1846. The daughter Isabella married Thomas James Bishop and had 8 children. James Peter married Lydia Stearne and had 8 children. Selina died at the age of 3 years and was buried at Hindmarsh cemetery. I don't know what happened to the child from the second marriage.
2) Elizaneth BOTT bp 11 Apr 1806 Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. She married on 16 May 1850 at Brighton, Northamptonshire to Joshua Goode. No further research yet completed.
3) Sarah BOTT bp 9 Jan 1811 Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. No further research completed.
4) John Sorrell BOTT bp 9 Jan 1811 Wellingborough, Northamptonshre. Married 5 Apr 1830 Brigstock, Northants to Rebecca LOVELL. John died 4 Oct 1859 Hay Valley, SA; Rebecca died 8 Apr 1882 at Yahl, SA. John is buried at Hay Valley and Rebecca at Yahl. They had 10 children - Sarah Jane 1829-1922 married to Thomas George Morley & had 10 kids; Mary Ann 1832-1903 married to William Haines & had 13 kids; Charlotte 1833-1896 married to George Heaver and had 9 kids; Abraham Lovell 1835-?; Maria Thompson Bott 1838-1893 married to James William Haines and had 11 kids; Jane Rebecca 1840-?; William John Joseph Lovell Bott 1842-1909 married to Matlida Jane Gartrell and had 9 kids; un-named son 1846-1846; John 1846-1851; Thomas 1857-1937 married to Julia Charlotte Brooks and had 7 kids.
5) Thomas BOTT bp 7 Apr 1813 Wellingborough, Northamtonshire. Married 14 Dec 1845 Brigstock, Northants to Mary Shortland and had 3 children - Louisa 1847-? married to John William Jenkinson and had 11 kids; John 1849-1926 married to Fanny Elizabeth Finn and had 6 kids; Cordelia 1858-1859.
6) Samuel BOTT bp 18 Apr 1816 Brigstock, Northamptonshire. Married 24 Mar 1845 Geddinton, Northants to Sarah Shortland (sister of Mary who married Thomas above) and had 7 kids - William Joseph 1849-? married to Sarah Ann Jackson and had 10 kids; John Thomas Shortland Bott 1851-1939 married to Mary Jane Hillman and had 2 sons; Edwin Bott 1854-1857; Emeline Edith 1856-1945 married to Frank Attrill and had 8 kids; Levi Bott 1858-1936 married to Agnes Martrapanma Commyns and had 8 kids; Caroline 1861-aft 1900 married to John Brook and had 5 kids; Mary 1863-aft 1905 married to William Lewis White and had 5 kids.
7) Jonathon BOTT1819-1822
8) Ann Elizabeth BOTT 1820-? married c 1855 to John Pratt and had 4 children. No further research completed.
The BOTT family arrived in SA in 1846 aboard the Isabella Watson
Robert Glazer MORLEY was born in early 1795 and baptised at Haslingford, CAM, ENG on 26 May 1795, the son of William Morley and Sarah Smith. He married Charlotte Rebecca SMITH in 1818 also at Haslingford.
They had at least one son - Thomas George MORLEY who was born in 1825 at Brigstock, Northamptonshire. He became engaged to Sarah Jane Bott, daughter of John Sorrell Bott and Rebecca Lovell also of Brigstock, and when the Bott family migrated to SA in 1846 aboard the Isabella Watson Thomas came with them. The couple were married at St James' Church, Blakiston, SA on 22 Jan 1855.
They had a family of 10 children but only 7 of them grew to adulthood-
1. Rebecca Morley - born in 1855 and married in 1880 to John Robert Hall.
2. Robert Morley - born 1857 and married in 1892 in Broken Hill, NSW to Margaret Bowen.
3. John Richard Morley - born in June 1859 and died in April 1960.
4. John Richard Morley - born in April 1861 and died in June 1862.
5. Elizabeth Jane Morley - born 1863 and died in May 1864.
6. Mary Ann Morley - born 1864 and married Charles Henry Stevens in 1892.
7. Maria Thompson Morley - born 1868 and married George Strange in 1893.
8. Sarah Morley - born 1868.
9. Charlotte Morley - born 1869 and had a relationship with Henry Rose.
10. William Joseph Morley - born 1871 and marred to Fanny Eliza Catherine Stevens.
William CLIFFORD and Deborah WILLIAMS from the village of Highway near Clane in Wiltshire, England were my 3xgreat grand parents.
William was born in Wiltshire, probably somewhere around Calne, as he was baptised at Highway near Calne on 10 March 1799, the illegitimate son of Elizabeth CLIFFORD or Cricklade.
On 30 Jabuary 1818 he married Deborah WILLIAMS, daughter of James WILLIAMS and Betty WHALE of Hilmarton, Wiltshire, at the parish church in Hilmarton, Wiltshire. Deborah was born in 1801 at Hilmarton and baptised there on 25 October 1801.
William and Deborah moved to Calne and raised a famly of 11 children. I haven't yet discovered what became of William, but Deborah died in May 1883 at Highway near Calne, and was buried in the churchyard there on 14th May 1883.
The Children of William & Deborah Clifford were:-
1. Matthew CLIFFORD 1819-1863, married 1843 at Cricklade, Wiltshire to Ann FRANKLIN and had 7 children - these are my great-great grandparents.
2. Elizabeth CLIFFORD 1823-after 1863, married to John HAWKINS.
3. Eliza CLIFFORD born in 1825.
4. Alice CLIFFORD born 1828, married to a Mr PEAPLE/PEOPLE and had on child with him.
5. Henry CLIFFORD born in 1830 at Highway near Calne, Wiltshire. I believe that he migrated to New Zealand where he married and raised a sizabel family.
6. William CLIFFORD born in January 1833 at Highway near Calne. He migrated to New Zealand and raised a family there.
7. Jane CLIFFORD born in 1834 and baptised at Highway near Calne on 1 June 1834, this daughter may also have gone to New Zealand.
8. Mary Jane CLIFFORD born in 1836 and baptised at Highway near Calne on 6 March 1836, this daughter may also have gone to New Zealand.
9. Caroline CLIFFORD born in 1838 and baptised at Highway near Calne on 10 June 1838, this child didn't survive very long, as she was buried in the churchyard at Highway on 15 Feb 1844.
10. Tryphena CLIFFORD born at Cricklade and baptised at Highway near Calne on 29 November 1840, she married George BEER at the same church she was baptised in on 19 Feb 1858. Shortly after their marriage, Tryphena & George decided to migrate to South Australia. They made their home briefly at Bugle Ranges in the hills above Adelaide. Their eldest son was born there. Within two years, the couple had moved to Wood End in Victoria, where another child was born; and my 1863 they had migrated to the Otago/Southland region of New Zealand. A further nine children were born to them in NZ. George died at Lumsden on 30 May 1901 and was buried there the next day. Tryphena died at Lumsden on 24 July 1926 and was buried at Lumsden with George a few days later.
11. Sarah Caroline CLIFFORD was born at Calne and baptised there on 14 January 1844.
I have a considerable amount of information on the descendants of their children 1. Matthew and Tryphena and would be happy to share it with other Clifford researchers.
CLIFFORD, A, A WONGA WONGA I JAN 1855 AUCKLAND N Z
CLIFFORD, MRS, 35, GIL BLAS FEB 1856 OTAGO NZ
CLIFFORD, FRANCES, 2, GIL BLAS FEB 1856 OTAGO NZ
CLIFFORD, JAMES, 40, GIL BLAS FEB 1856 OTAGO NZ
CLIFFORD, HUGH, 21, CITY OF HOBART OCT 1861 OTAGO
CLIFFORD, EDWARD, 23, CITY OF HOBART OCT 1861 OTAGO
CLIFFORD, JAMES, 26, CITY OF HOBART OCT 1861 OTAGO
CLIFFORD, CHAS, 30, GENII DEC 1861 OTAGO
CLIFFORD, ROWLAND, 27, OCEAN CHIEF AUG 1861 OTAGO
CLIFFORD, WM (William), A, ARABIA AUG 1861 OTAGO NZ
CLIFFORD, HY (Henry), 32, THEMIS DEC 1861 OTAGO NZ
CLIFFORD, MISS, 26, ALDINGA I NOV 1862 OTAGO
CLIFFORD, MISS, A, ALDINGA I NOV 1862 OTAGO
CLIFFORD, MISS, A, ALDINGA I NOV 1862 OTAGO
CLIFFORD, MISS, 26, ALDINGA I NOV 1862 OTAGO
CLIFFORD, RODY, 30, EUREKA APR 1862 PORT CHALMERS NZ
CLIFFORD, RODY, 27, EUREKA APR 1862 PORT CHALMERS NZ
CLIFFORD, RODY, 27, EUREKA APR 1862 PORT CHALMERS NZ
CLIFFORD, RODY, 30, EUREKA APR 1862 PORT CHALMERS NZ
CLIFFORD, D, 20, GOLDEN AGE SEP 1863 AUCKLAND NZ
CLIFFORD, MRS, 32, HERO II DEC 1863 OTAGO
CLIFFORD, THOMAS, 27, BRUCE JAN 1863 OTAGO PT CHALMERS
CLIFFORD, JAMES, 27, LAURENCE BROWN AUG 1863 PORT CHALMERS
CLIFFORD, PAUL, 42, NORWESTER JAN 1863 PORT CHALMERS NZ
CLIFFORD, JOHN, 21, NORWESTER JAN 1863 PORT CHALMERS NZ
CLIFFORD, CHARLES, 35, NORWESTER JAN 1863 PORT CHALMERS
CLIFFORD, J, 26, HERO JAN 1865 OTAGO
CLIFFORD, JAMES, 39, GOTHENBURG OCT 1866 HOKITIKA & GREYMOUTH
CLIFFORD, ROBERT, 33, TARARUA JAN 1866 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, J, 31, OTAGO NOV 1866 NEW ZEALAND PORTS
CLIFFORD, JAMES, 22, TARARUA MAY 1867 NEW ZEALAND PORTS
CLIFFORD, MR, 23, RANGITOTO DEC 1870 NEW ZEALAND PORTS
CLIFFORD, CHAS SIR, 42, RANGITOTO DEC 1870 NZ PORTS
CLIFFORD, EDWARD, 8, CLAUD HAMILTON OCT 1873 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MRS, 38, CLAUD HAMILTON OCT 1873 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MAJOR, 40, CLAUD HAMILTON OCT 1873 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, GEORGE, 5, CLAUD HAMILTON OCT 1873 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MRS, 39, ALHAMBRA JAN 1874 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MR, 30, CLAUD HAMILTON JAN 1874 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MR, 39, CLAUD HAMILTON MAR 1874 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, KATE, 5, CLAUD HAMILTON MAR 1874 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, EDITH, 10, CLAUD HAMILTON MAR 1874 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, GEORGE, 7, CLAUD HAMILTON MAR 1874 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, CHARLES, 24, CLAUD HAMILTON MAR 1874 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MRS, 37, CLAUD HAMILTON MAR 1874 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, CHS MR, 13, OMEO FEB 1875 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, RD MR, 16, OMEO FEB 1875 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MR, 39, ARAWATA SEP 1876 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MRS, 37, ARAWATA II FEB 1876 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, G MR, 26, RINGAROOMA MAR 1877 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, DL, 32, TARARUA APR 1878 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, W HON, 36, TARARUA MAY 1880 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, H, 21, ROTOMAHANA DEC 1881 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MISS, 19, ROTOMAHANA DEC 1881 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, LORD, 32, RINGAROOMA SEP 1882 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MR, 25, WAIHORA MAR 1887 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MISS, 12, TE ANAU DEC 1888 BLUFF NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MRS, 33, TE ANAU DEC 1888 BLUFF NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MR, 39, TE ANAU DEC 1888 BLUFF NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, NURSE WITH, 18, TE ANAU JAN 1889 BLUFF
CLIFFORD, MRS, 36, TE ANAU JAN 1889 BLUFF
CLIFFORD, MASTER, 12, TE ANAU JAN 1889 BLUFF
CLIFFORD, MASTER, 14, TE ANAU JAN 1889 BLUFF
CLIFFORD, NURSE WITH, 31 TE ANAU JAN 1889 BLUFF
CLIFFORD, MR, 29, TE ANAU JAN 1889 BLUFF
CLIFFORD, MR, 39, WAIRARAPA DEC 1889 BLUFF NZ VIA HOB
CLIFFORD, A, 30, ROTOMAHANA MAR 1889 BLUFF NZ VIA HOBART
CLIFFORD, MISS, 24, TARAWERA SEP 1891 BLUFF NZ
CLIFFORD, MRS, 55, MARAROA FEB 1893 BLUFF N Z
CLIFFORD, MR, 42, WAIRARAPA MAY 1893 NEW ZEALAND VIA TAS
CLIFFORD, MRS, 41, WAIRARAPA MAY 1893 NEW ZEALAND VIA TAS
CLIFFORD, MR, 25, MANAPOURI OCT 1893 NZ PORTS VIA HOBART
CLIFFORD, -, 21, ROTOMAHANA JUL 1893 NZ PORTS VIA HOBART
CLIFFORD, MRS, 27, WAKATIPU SEP 1894 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, CHILD WITH, 4, WAKATIPU SEP 1894 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MR, 32, WAKATIPU SEP 1894 NEW ZEALAND
CLIFFORD, MR, 31, WAKATIPU FEB 1896 NEW ZEALAND PORTS
CLIFFORD, MRS, 26, WAKATIPU FEB 1896 NEW ZEALAND PORTS
CLIFFORD, G MR, 36, TALUNE SEP 1896 NZ PORTS VIA HOBART
CLIFFORD, MISS, 26, MONOWAI SEP 1897 NEW ZEALAND VIA TAS
CLIFFORD, T MR, 29, TARAWERA APR 1898 NEW ZEALAND VIA TAS
CLIFFORD, P MR, 29, TALUNE MAR 1900 BLUFF NZ VIA HOBART
CLIFFORD, MR, 46, TARAWERA JAN 1900 HOBART & NZ PORTS
CLIFFORD, J D MR, 44, TALUNE NOV 1901 HOBART & NZ PORTS
CLIFFORD, H H MR, 20, MONOWAI SEP 1901 HOBART AND NZ PORTS
CLIFFORD, MAST, 14, MOKOIA DEC 1902 BLUFF NZ VIA HOBT
CLIFFORD, B, 16, MOKOIA DEC 1902 BLUFF NZ VIA HOBT
CLIFFORD, MRS, A, VICTORIA I DEC 1902 HOBART AND NZ PORTS
CLIFFORD, MR, A, VICTORIA I DEC 1902 HOBART AND NZ PORTS
CLIFFORD, MISS, 28, MONOWAI APR 1903 BLUFF NZ VIA HOBART
CLIFFORD, MR, 29, WARRIMOO DEC 1903 BLUFF VIA HOBART
CLIFFORD, MISS, 22, MOKOIA OCT 1903 NEW ZEALAND VIA TAS
CLIFFORD, MASTER, 14, MONOWAI DEC 1903 NZ PORTS VIA TAS
CLIFFORD, MASTER, 16, MONOWAI DEC 1903 NZ PORTS VIA TAS
CLIFFORD, A MR, 26, MOERAKI JUL 1904 BLUFF VIA HOBART
CLIFFORD, MAST, 5, WARRIMOO JUL 1904 BLUFF VIA HOBART
CLIFFORD, MRS, 36, WARRIMOO JUL 1904 BLUFF VIA HOBART
CLIFFORD, MAST, 8, WARRIMOO JUL 1904 BLUFF VIA HOBART
CLIFFORD, MISS, 30, VICTORIA OCT 1904 HOBART & N Z
CLIFFORD, J MR, 28, MONOWAI APR 1905 BLUFF VIA HOBART
CLIFFORD, MISS, 20, MARAMA OCT 1907 DUNEDIN
CLIFFORD, MR, 26, MOERAKI JUL 1908 BLUFF VIA HOBART
CLIFFORD, MR, 40, ULIMAROA JUL 1908 HOBART & BLUFF
George BEER, son of William & Elizabeth BEER, was born on 12 Oct 1838 in the village of Calne, WIL, ENG. He married at Calne on 19 Feb 1858 to Tryphena CLIFFORD, daughter of William CLIFFORD and Deborah WILLIAMS. Tryphena was born at Cricklade, WIL in mid 1840 and was baptised in the little village of Highway near Calne, WIL on 29 Nov 1840.
Not long after they married, George and Tryphena migrated to South Australia in 1859 aboard the ship Commodore Perry. Their eldest son William George BEER was born in the village of Bugle Ranges, about 40 miles south-east of the city of Adelaide, on 12 Jun 1860.
Between the birth of William in 1860 and the birth of their second son Alfred Henry BEER in 1863, the family moved from Bugle Ranges, over the border to the town of Wood End, VIC. Just why they did this, I have no idea - perhaps it was the prospect of good farming land coming available in that area, as it was certainly too late for the actual goldrush proper. But whatever the reason, it didn't keep them in Victoria for very long, as records plainly show that George headed of to New Zealand in search of "greener pastures" so to speak.
George BEER arrived in Pt Chalmers, NZ aboard the ship Eureka in January of 1862 by himself. His wife and two children followed him in November 1863 aboard the ship Aldinga. A further 9 children were born after their arrival. The family set up home in Queenstown on the South Island and later lived in the Mossburn area.
It seems that George owned quite a bit of property once they moved to New Zealand - there were cottages and farmlets in the Mossburn area, The Key Hotel was in his possession at one time, as was the Railway Hotel in the same place. He appears to have given or sold land to a good many of his descenant children and grand children alike.
George BEER died at Lumsden, NZ on 30 May 1901 and is buried beside his wife Tryphena who joined him in death on 24 Jul 1926, at Lumsden Cemetery.
The children of George & Tryphena Beer were:-
William George BEER 1860-1942
Alfred Henry BEER 1863-1949
Elizabeth Wakatipu BEER 1865-1886
Albert Edward John BEER 1868-1944
Joseph Alexander BEER 1870-1951
Ernest Clifford BEER 1872-1952
Alice Maud BEER 1873-1875
Maude Caroline BEER 1875-1950
May Louisa BEER 1877-?
Herbert BEER 1882-1926
Tryphena Clifford BEER 1884-1967
Captain Stephen Thomas MOYLE was born in Cambourne, CON on 17 Feb 1816, the son of Thomas MOYLE and Alice RODDA. He married at Cambourne, CON on 8 Jul 1837 to Julia Earle BENNETTO, daughter of Edward Southerd BENNETTO and Grace EARLE.
Stephen MOYLE was a mining captain. He worked in the mines of Cornwall before migrating first to South Australia and then finally to Victoria. The family arrived in South Australia aboard the ship Cressy on 19 Aug 1841. I have not found the arrival in Victoria so perhaps they travelled overland to the goldfields. Records for them in South Australia do not appear after 1851, but children are born to them in Victoria from 1855.
Stephen was a Methodis lay preacher and by all accounts a fairly pious man, and a man of principles. He was a signatory on the petition that is said to have been the catalyst for the Eureka Stokade uprising in Ballarat, VIC in 1854. There were over 5000 signatures taken from the end of 1852 until the end of 1853 - Stephen is just one.
He took part in bare knuckle wrestling matches in Kadina and Moonta in South Australia, and a relative of his who ran a hotel at Wallaroo often hosted such matches.
Stephen died from Miner's phthisis, from which he had suffered for 5 years, on 27 Sep 1873 at Bendigo, VIC.
Stephen and Julia MOYLE had 9 children:-
1. Julia 1837-? m. Matthew BATTERS
2. Stephen 1838-before 1839
3. Stephen Thomas 1839-1922 m. Jane Alexandra CLARK - 10 children
4. Edward Bennetto 1847-1848
5. Edward Bennetto 1850-1910 m. Elizabeth Mary WEARNE - 8 children
6. Annie Elizabeth 1855-? m. William Stephens HOCKING - 4 children
7. William Henry 1856-1938 m. Eliza Jane KEAST - 19 children
8. Emily Alice 1858-1945 m. William Addy HILL
9. Eleanor Grace 1860-1945
Julie Earle BENNETTO, was born 15 Feb 1819 at Falmouth, CON and baptised there on 25 Feb the same year. She died on 5 Oct 1894 at Durham Lead, VIC. I believe that both Stephen and Julia are buried at Bendigo.
- Displaying 1-8 of 8 Journals