kerbent on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
Hannah BOGIE born circia 1827 in Scotland who married John MILLIGAN in KIRKCALDY, FIFESHIRE, SCOTLAND
I am looking for information on a Hannah Bogie born cirica 1828 possibly in Kirkcaldy, Fifeshire, Scotland who married a John Milligan according to the IGI on 30 Oct 1846 in Dysart, Fife, Scotland.
I have found a Hannah Ropper Boggie who was born 05 AUG 1828 and christened on the 24 AUG 1828 in Dysart, Fife, Scotland and child of DAVID BOGGIE & ISABEL FYFE but I 'm not sure if she is the same person. I think I have found the family in West Gallatown North Side, Dysart in the 1841 Scottish Census; which would have been close to where my Hannah would have been born and got married.
Any information would be most helpful.
John Milligan born in Dalkeith, Midlothian, Scotland in 1827
In 1861 he lived in Dawell Brae, Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland his wife and children and was running a grocer shop.
By 1871 and till after 1881 he was living in Duddingston Midlothian Scotland and was a spitit merchant.
He married Hannah but may have another wife before Hannah called Margaret but I am not sure
Hannah maiden name unknown was born about 1828 in Kirkcaldy, Fifeshire, Scotland
John appears to have died between 1881 and 1891, although this has not been confirmed as the Scotish census does not give the maritial status of the people listed in the house hold, however John was not present and his wife was living with her daughter Margaret's family.
Children of John are:-
1. Alex Milligan born about 1849 in Haddington, Haddingtonshire possibly the son of the first wife Margaret
Children of John & Hannah appear to be:-
2. Isabella Milligan born about 1854 in Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland
3. Margaret Milligan born about 1857 in Dunbar, Haddingtonshire, Scotland
4. Robert J C Milligan born about 1860 in Dumbar, East Lothian, Scotland
5. Hannah Milligan born about 1862 in Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland
6. Elizabeth Milligan born about 1865 in Drummore, Midlothian, Scotland
- Displaying 1-2 of 2 Journals