marcellelewis on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
Johnson McKinney b 1764 VA d 1852 AL m. Mary Spradlin
(son of Johnson) Huston/Houston McKinney b Oct 27 1835 AL d Oct 27, 1913 AL m. Nancy Walker
(son of Huston) James Calloway McKinney b Feb 15, 1865 d Feb 1915 m. Flora Vernuela Post
Additional information about movements of Johnson McKinney:
1. There is a court record mentioning him in Augusta Co., VA in 1769 along with a William McKinney.
2. Johnson McKinney and James McKinney paid land tax for the year 1793 in Washington Co., VA.
3. Around 1799 he was listed in the Wofford Settlement which I believe is around the area where AL, GA and TN lines meet.
4. He purchased land in Lawrence Co., AL in 1811.
5. He married Mary Spradlin in 1819 in AL.
6. He owned land in Walker Co., (Now Winston Co., AL) near Haleyville in the year 1821.
7. He sold the land in Walker/Winston Co., AL in 1824
8. He purchased several tracts of land in Franklin Co., AL beginning in the 1830's.
9. He died in Franklin Co., AL in 1852 and is buried in Old Nauvoo Cemetery. I have a photo of his grave on the Tombstone Project at Genealogy.com
- Displaying 1-1 of 1 Journals