ngairedith on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
I would like information on Lillian Hope Exton who married Stephen Joseph Geary
- son of William George GEARY and Selina Hannah HOBBS from Wellington, New Zealand
William and Selina had 7 (known) children GEARYs and I need more info about spouses, death, burials etc.
Ida was the daughter - the only child I have found at this time - of Arthur Harris and LeBanna Annica Bernard who married possibly in the Wairarapa.
You can see them here on my tree ARTHUR HARRIS and hopefully can help.
I would also love to know more on her mother and where she was from.
Elizabeth Ann DAPSON was born in 1798 in England
- she married Thomas AVERY in Staplehurst, Cranbrooke, England about 1820. Thomas was born 5 August 1802 in Staplehurst, one of at least 12 children of James AVERY & his 2nd wife Ann KITE
In November 1839 they boarded the "BOLTON" with 8 children, arriving in New Zealand in April 1840 - see them on this site:
Their last child Eliza, was born in New Zealand in 1840 not long after arriving. Eliza died as an infant
Their 1st child, Elizabeth, (1820-1877) was 19 when they emigrated and she stayed behind - maybe she was married or was about to be
Their 2nd child, Harriet, (1822) married Dr Jonathan MANNING/MANNERING
Their 3rd child, George, (1824-1903) married Charlotte TANDY
Their 4th child, Charles, (1826-1866) did not marry
Their 5th child, Ann, (1828-1906) married Peter HUME
Their 6th child, Mary, (1830-1912) married Isaac Mason HILL
Their 7th child, Sarah, (1832-1871) married James Baberfeild JACKSON
Thier 8th child, Ellen, (1834-1919) married Charles SAYWELL
Their 9th child, Stephen, (1839-1902)
- he partnered with Eliza HOOPER (1832-1912)
- read her 'colouful life' at her link above
- he married Marion STEWART (1834-1895) in 1869
- he next married Sarah Jane COLLARD (1854-1931)
Any further information on Thomas and Elizabeth and their extensive family is always appreciated
REMEMBER to visit the above site from time to time to view their family tree and check what info is required
Henry DRYDEN and his wife Mary Ann EAGLE married in New Zealand in 1865. He was from Scotland and she was from Poplar, West London
- Mary Ann died 28 March 1880 aged 35, leaving 5 children aged 5 to 14
- Henry remarried 14 August 1880 to Frances Sarah McCREDIE (1847-1921)
See their lineage here HENRY DRYDEN
the 5 known children of Henry Dryden & Mary Ann Eagle:
1866 - 1958 Henry Ernest Dryden
- married Mary Braithwaite
1867 - 1949 Janet Hannah Dryden
- married Alexander Ramsay
1869 - 1953 Alice Mary Dryden
- married Wakeford Cox
1871 - ? Zoe Dryden
- married Percy Simpson
1875 - 1912 Lena Dryden
- Lena did not marry
- she died in Craigielea, Karori, Wellington after a long illness aged 37
thanks to "Ryder" for the following ...
about their 1st born, Henry Ernest Dryden:-
1866 - 1958 Henry Ernest Dryden
- Henry married Mary BRAITHWAITHE (1867-1943)
- they were both cremated at Karori, Wellington
the children of Henry Ernest & Mary Louisa were:
1891 - 1971 Orlando Dryden
- Orlando married Edith Mary LYNOTT
1893 - 1959 Leslie Roy Dryden
- Leslie married Dorothy Helen HAMMON
1896 - 1973 Hilda May Dryden
- Hilda did not marry, she was cremated at Karori, Wellington
1898 - 1976 Daphne Mary Dryden
- Daphne married John Hamilton MILES
1899 - 1977 Edwin Gilbert Dryden
- no spouse found
Any information please on Alexander Ramsay born about 1834, don't know where, emigrated to New Zealand. don't know when.
His wife Elizabeth Woodman was born on board the BOLTON in 1839 on the way to New Zealand.
Her parents were Thomas Woodman born about 1810 in Farleigh, Maidstone Kent and Mary Lovelock born 1809 in East Farleigh, Maidstone, Kent.
Elizabeth was also married to Frederick Russell - unknown in which order...
Alexander and Elizabeth's son Alexander Ramsay was born about 1860 in New Zealand.
He married Janet Dryden at St Mary's Church in Karori, Wellington in 1892
Janet's parents were Henry Dyrden from Linlithgow, West Lothian, Scotland and Mary Ann Eagle form Poplar, West London
Do you have any info please on the Ramsay line of descendants
See them here on my tree and maybe you could contact me with more
Thomas WOODMAN was born 1809 in ,Kent,England, and died 19 NOV 1849 in Tawa,New Zealnd
- He was the son of Robert WOODMAN and Elizabeth.
5. Mary LOVELOCK was born 20 NOV 1808 in Tonbridge,Kent,England, was christened 9 APR 1809 in Tonbridge, Kent, England and died 24 FEB 1883 in Tawa, New Zealnd
- She was the daughter of Levi LOVELOCK and Charlotte BRISENDEN.
Children of Mary LOVELOCK and Thomas WOODMAN are:
John WOODMAN LOVELOCK was born 29 AUG 1831 in Kent, England, was christened 23 OCT 1831 in East Farleigh, Kent, England and died 9 FEB 1911 in Pauatahanui, NZ.
William Lovelock WOODMAN was born 1 AUG 1833 in Kent, England, was christened 13 OCT 1833 in East Farleigh, Kent, England, and died 25 AUG 1900 in Wellington
- He married Elizabeth SMITH 5 APR 1862 in Wellington,NZ. She was born 1837 and died 31 MAR 1920.
Thomas WOODMAN was born 26 APR 1835 in East Farleigh, Kent, England, was christened 26 APR 1835 in East Farleigh, Kent, England, and died 13 NOV 1902 in Wellington, New Zealand..
- He married Jane MITCHELL(NEE STAGG) 1859. She was born ABT 1819 in Wellington, New Zealand..
Susannah WOODMAN was born 1838 in Kent, England, was christened 4 FEB 1838 in East Farleigh, Kent, England and died 1854 in New Zealand
- She married Edward HUNT 19 JAN 1840 in Bearsted, Kent, England, son of Henry & Ann HUNT
- He was christened 17 APR 1818 in All Saints, Maidstone, Kent, England
- died ABT 1860 in Reefton
Elizabeth WOODMAN was born 1840 in at sea enroute to NZ and died 25 JUL 1910 in NZ.
- She married Alex RAMSAY. He was born ABT 1835 in
- She married Frederick RUSSELL. He was born ABT 1835 .
Eleanor WOODMAN was born ABT 1835 in Wellington
- She married John JONES 1870 in Wellington
- He was born ABT 1835 and died 25 APR 1891 in Pauatahanui
Richard WOODMAN was born ABT 1835
- He married Elizabeth MUIR. She was born ABT 1835.
Robert WOODMAN was born ABT 1850
- He married Selina FURSE. She was born 1856 and died 17 JUN 1938.
PRICE: Ezekial Hartridge (1826 of Kent, England) son Stephen John Price 1851-1918 emigrated to New Zealand
Ezekial Hartridge Price was born 1826 in Kent, England
- he married Sarah SIMS in 1851
Their son Stephen John Price was born about 1851 in Brabourne - 18km W of Folkstone, Kent
- he married Evelina Carolyn Dryland
- Evelina was also born in Brabourne
They emigrated to New Zealand on the WENNINGTON on 21st January 1874 and arrived 28th April 1872 in Wellington.
They decided to settle in Masterton and took the wagon ride which took 2 to 3 days back in 1874, (today it takes less than 2 hours)
Their first residence was in Opaki Rd., then Upper Plain Rd., then Cornwall St., where they remained
Their known children were:
... Ezekial George Price 1873 - 1946
- born in Brabourne, England
- emigrated when he was 1 year old
- he married Elizabeth Ellen Cade in 1895
- they had 9 children
... Esther Marsh Price 1876 - 1958
- she married Martin Casy Andrew in 1898
- they lived for a time in Te Awamutu
- they were living in Cobden St Auckland in 1954
- they had 12 children
... Annie Price 1877 - ?
- she had Leonard Charles Price in 1898
- she married Reginald Shaw in 1900
- they had 3 (known) children
... John "Jack" Price 1879 - 1904
- he died in Masterton Hospital from injuries received in the Boer War
... Stephen John Price 1879 - ?
- he married Lucy Brown in 1902
... William Alfred Price 1883 - 1898
- he died aged 15 in Masterton
... Beatrice Louisa Price 1884 - ?
- she married William Dally
- they lived for a time in Dannevirke
- they moved to Australia
- they did not have children
... Rose Evelyn Price 1885 - 1967
- she married Patrick William Reardon in 1902
- in 1918 they were in Palmerston North
- in 1938 they were in Taumarunui
... Charles Frederick Price 1887 - 1965
- he married Muriel Fayen in 1917 in Masterton
- he served in France in 1918
... Benjamin Thomas Price 1891 - 1978
- he was in in Upper Plain, Masterton
- he married Nina Reece in 1921
- they had 7 children
- At the time of his father`s death in 1918 Private Benjamin was in a hospital in Glasgow
- In 1938 he was living in Mamaku, Rotorua
- then later moved to Thames
Check these people on this site PRICEs in NZ
and all their descendants to see if you recognise anyone.
I would appreciate any help with any more info or mistakes
Joseph Polgalse b.1847, married Caroline Tannant b.1851, in 1873 near Motueka New Zealand.
I would like some information on how they got to NZ - where they were from - (someone was from the Channel Islands) and their children and childrens spouses etc.
Can you help?
GIUSEPPE AMADIO was born 1705 in Piedimonte d'Alife by Piedemonte di Matese - 41km north of Caserta, Italy
- He married ISABELLA MALATESTA on 19 Oct 1738
- He married Giovanna Giacoboni on 9 Dec 1759
Giuseppe and Isabella had
ANGELO ANTONIO VENANZIO AMADIO b.1768 in Rome, Italy
- Angelo married DEMENICA LUCIA GERTRUDE SANTAFEDE on 23 June 1790
- the children of Angelo and Demenica:
FORTUNATO GIUSEPPE LUIGI (Antonio) AMADIO b.14 Oct 1801 in Rome, Italy.
- He emigrated to England and married twice
- his second wife, ANN MORRIS he married on 31 Aug 1840 in Northampton, England.
Fortunato and Ann had
FORTUNATO ANTONIO AMADIO born 13 Apr 1847 in Castle Ashby, Northampton, England - died 11 August 1885 in Wellington
[of interest: Fortunato is buried in Bolton St Cemetery along with the BLISS family - do you know who they were ??]
- He married FRANCES CAROLINE PHIPPS on 14 May 1866 in Birmingham, England.
Fortunato and Frances had 4 children then emigrated to New Zealand (with the surviving 3 children), sometime between 1876 and 1879
The CHILDREN WERE:
1886 - 1943 Henry Antonio Amadio
- he married Jean Hogarth
- he married Elia Helen Wilson
1870 - 1963 Lucy Anne Amadio
- she married Rob Coltman in 1890
1872 - ? unknown child Amadio
1876 - 1963 Albert Fortunato Amadio
- (died 3 weeks after sister Lucy)
- he married Marie Louise Tarr in 1899
- he married Elizabeth Keen in 1920
They had 4 more children in Wellington:
* Frances Maude Amadio b.1879 - d.1973
- she married William Bowick in 1898
1881 - 1963 Samuel Clement Amadio
- (died 2 months after brother Albert & 3 months after sister Lucy)
- he married Lucy Norman in 1904
1883 - 1874 ELEANOR MARGARITTO AMADIO
- born 22 April 1883 in Wellington died 19th August 1874
- She married *EDWARD STENT on 6 Oct 1908
1885 - 1960 Florence May Amadio
- she married Frank Howie
* Edward Stent's parents were
CHARLES STENT and EMMA LYNDS-JACKSON
- Emma was the daughter of the mariner-whaler
JAMES HAYTER one of the first 50 settlers in New Zealand
- He spent the early years on Kapiti Island, Wellington with the Maori chief, Te RAUPARAHA before setting up his own whaling station in Jackson's Bay, Tory Channel, Marlborough, New Zealand
Emma's first husband was John LYNDS - they had 3 children, the first 2 were a set of twins, Thomas and Louisa Lynds
Their third child, William James Lynds, died aged 16 in Jericho, Queensland, Australia, from wounds received in the Boer War
Emma Lynds-Jacksonand her 2nd husband, Charles Stent had 11 children from 1876 to 1896 before they married in 1904,
(1896 was also the year Emma's first husband John Lynd died)
Their last child, Richard Stent b.1896 was killed aged 20 in WW1.
Charles Stent was the 1st child of 8 children to
Charles STENT and Sarah PECK of England.
See all these names and their spouses, ancestors and descendents on
PECK of TAITA
Two young men from the same small town - Martinborough, NZ - killed in the same place - on the same day
William Holditch RADCLIFFE born 1897 and
George Pain Hutchisen HARRIS born 1891
Both born in Martinborough, Wairarapa, New Zealand.
Both sent to fight in the SOMME, FRANCE
Both killed in action on the same day, 15th September 1916 - on the same field ...
Both buried in Caterpillar Valley, Somme, France.
Letter of thanks written to the Captain of the "KATHERINE STEWART FORBES' that arrived in Port Nicholson (Wellington NZ) in 1841
A number of people sent a letter of thanks to Captain Hobbs through the Evening Post newspaper, dated 10th July 1841
SEE UNDER "STORIES" - LETTER OF THANKS