noseybee on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
Searching for more info about the parents of Blanche Delores Langlois b. ca. 1934 Michigan? m.George Earl Reno. Blanche was killed in a car accident August 20, 1968, I believe in Detroit, Michigan.
Claude A Farrow b. ca 1878 m. Rosa P. Bell (b.ca. 1884 Alabama) I found Rosa and 3 children living with her parents George S. Bell and Mollie Sue Bell in 1900 Census Tallapoosa, Alabama. Also listed were sister Maggie, sister Bessie and husband James B. Hanley. Claude was not listed. I'm seeking more info on Claude. He is the father of Mary Claude Farrow who married Theodore Joseph Reno.
Any help is appreciated!
Descendants of Cornelius Dunnavant
Generation No. 1
1. CORNELIUS1 DUNNAVANT was born 1650 in England, and died 1701 in Henrico, County, Virginia. He married ELIZABETH HODGES. She was born 1660 in Accomack, Virginia, and died Aft. 1721 in Chowan, North Carolina.
Child of CORNELIUS DUNNAVANT and ELIZABETH HODGES is:
2. i. WILLIAM2 DUNNAVANT, b. 1686, Charles City, Virginia; d. Jun 1758, Chesterfield, Virginia.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM2 DUNNAVANT (CORNELIUS1) was born 1686 in Charles City, Virginia, and died Jun 1758 in Chesterfield, Virginia. He married ELIZABETH ANDREWS. She was born 1693 in Charles City, Virginia.
Children of WILLIAM DUNNAVANT and ELIZABETH ANDREWS are:
3. i. THOMAS3 DUNNAVANT, b. 1716, Henrico County, Virginia; d. 1750, Amelia County, Virginia.
ii. HUMPHRY DUNNAVANT.
iii. WILLIAM DUNNAVANT.
Generation No. 3
3. THOMAS3 DUNNAVANT (WILLIAM2, CORNELIUS1) was born 1716 in Henrico County, Virginia, and died 1750 in Amelia County, Virginia. He married CHARITY HODGES. She was born 1725 in Henrico County, Virginia.
Children of THOMAS DUNNAVANT and CHARITY HODGES are:
4. i. JOEL4 DUNNAVANT, b. 1745, Amelia Virginia.
ii. HODGE DUNNAVANT, b. 1740.
Generation No. 4
4. JOEL4 DUNNAVANT (THOMAS3, WILLIAM2, CORNELIUS1) was born 1745 in Amelia Virginia. He married CARRIE BURTON, daughter of ABEL BURTON and ANN COUSINS. She was born 1765 in Amelia County, Virginia, and died 1850 in Giles County, Tennessee.
Children of JOEL DUNNAVANT and CARRIE BURTON are:
5. i. ABEL BURTON5 DUNNAVANT, b. 25 Apr 1789, Virginia; d. 27 Sep 1855.
ii. WALTER T. DUNNAVANT, b. 1793, Virginia; m. JANE GLASSCOCK.
6. iii. JOHN DUNNAVANT, b. 1795, Virginia.
Generation No. 5
5. ABEL BURTON5 DUNNAVANT (JOEL4, THOMAS3, WILLIAM2, CORNELIUS1) was born 25 Apr 1789 in Virginia, and died 27 Sep 1855. He married SARAH MARRIOT MITCHELL 29 Jan 1811 in Virginia, daughter of WILLIAM MITCHELL and ELIZABETH WARREN. She was born 24 Aug 1789 in Mecklenberg, County, Virginia, and died 17 Oct 1870 in Giles County, Tennessee.
Children of ABEL DUNNAVANT and SARAH MITCHELL are:
7. i. SARAH ANN6 DUNNAVANT, b. 07 Mar 1823, Mecklenburg, Virginia; d. 04 Jul 1905, Giles County, Tennessee.
8. ii. ELIZABETH DUNNAVANT, b. 1812, Mecklenburg, Virginia; d. 12 Mar 1885, Limestone County, Alabama.
iii. WILLIAM ARCHER DUNNAVANT, b. 29 Apr 1814; d. 06 Aug 1880, Cemetery Elkton, Tennessee; m. MARY B. KING.
iv. MARY FRANCES DUNNAVANT, b. Abt. 1815.
v. HENRY E. DUNNAVANT, b. 23 Jul 1820.
vi. PETER GREEN DUNNAVANT, b. 23 Aug 1829, Giles County, Tennessee; d. 22 Jun 1907, Limestone County, Alabama, Pettusville Methodist Church Cemetery.
vii. SAMMUEL M. DUNNAVANT, b. 01 Mar 1832, Tennessee.
6. JOHN5 DUNNAVANT (JOEL4, THOMAS3, WILLIAM2, CORNELIUS1) was born 1795 in Virginia.
Children of JOHN DUNNAVANT are:
i. JOSIAH6 DUNNAVANT, b. 1826.
9. ii. WILLIAM ARCHER DUNNAVANT, b. 14 Feb 1827, North Carolina; d. 10 Sep 1906, Smith Chapel Henderson County, Tennessee.
Generation No. 6
7. SARAH ANN6 DUNNAVANT (ABEL BURTON5, JOEL4, THOMAS3, WILLIAM2, CORNELIUS1) was born 07 Mar 1823 in Mecklenburg, Virginia, and died 04 Jul 1905 in Giles County, Tennessee. She married JOSEPH EZEKIEL HASTINGS 14 Jan 1841 in Limestone County, Alabama, son of JAMES HASTINGS. He was born 12 Oct 1813 in Limestone, Alabama, and died 23 Sep 1879 in Giles County, Tennessee; Biles-Potts Cemetery.
Notes for JOSEPH EZEKIEL HASTINGS:
I Joseph Hasting in County of Giles State of Tennessee Make this my last will. I give, divide, and bequeath my estate and property real, and personal, as follows, that is to say I give unto my wife Sarah Ann Hasting, all personal property as long as she lives. To wit, two mules, two cows, and calves, one yearling, all of the Farming tools including Plows, gear, wagon and so on. Al the corn and wheat on hand, and that is raised on the place this year. She is to have my interest in all the cotton that is raised on the place, and the rents for all the land, and all the household and kitchen furniture all the sheep and hogs and all notes. I give unto my wife Sarah Ann Hasting all of my real Estate including my entire lands, upon which I now reside, as long as she lives. At her death, the real estate must be divided or sold and the proceeds equally divided between all of my children, or their heirs, as they think best, I have given unto some of my children some personal property. To wit, To my son Peter Hasting one horse and saddle, one bed and bed clothes and a trunk. I have given unto my son, Joseph G. Hasting one horse and saddle, bed and bed clothes, and a trunk. I have given unto my daughter Cornelia Ann Nelson one horse and saddle, bed and bed clothes and a trunk, I have given unto my daughter Mary Elizabeth Whitfield one horse or its equivalent and a saddle, bed and bed clothes, and a trunk. I have given unto my son William Hasting, one horse and saddle and trunk, I have given unto my son Charles Hasting one horse and saddle and trunk, I have given unto my son Newton Jerome Hasting one saddle. My son William is to have one bed and bed clothes, to make him equal with Peter, Joseph G., Cornelia Ann, and Mary Elizabeth, my son Charles is to have one bed, and bed clothes to make him equal with the others mentioned, my son John is to have a bed and bed clothing to make him equal. My son Newton Jerome is to have a horse, bed, and bed clothes, and a trunk to make him equal. My Daughter Catherine Udora is to have a horse and saddle, bed, and bed clothes, and a trunk to make her equal with the rest. If this personal property should not be given to my children, William, Charles, John, Newton Jerome, Catherine, Udora as specified above at my wife Sarah Ann's death it must be allowed them, and the balance of the personal property, if any is to be equally divided or sold and equally divided as they think best. In witness whereof I have signed and sealed and published and declared this instrument as my will This March 25th 1879.
Joseph X Hasting
John F. Simpson
Lewis ___ Potts
Source: Clara Parker, Old Records Section, Giles Co. Courthouse
Will written March 25th, 1879, probated Nov. 3, 1879 Will Book B, p. 310
Children of SARAH DUNNAVANT and JOSEPH HASTINGS are:
10. i. PETER GREEN7 HASTINGS, b. 04 Feb 1847, Tennessee; d. 07 Oct 1877, Aspen Hill, Aspen Hill, Giles County, Tennessee; Potts Cemetery.
ii. JAMES H. HASTINGS, b. 1842, Alabama.
iii. CORNELIA ANN HASTINGS, b. 10 Jan 1845, Giles County, Tennessee; d. 20 Feb 1925; m. CHARLES W. NELSON, 31 Jan 1867.
iv. MARY ELIZABETH HASTINGS, b. 1849, Giles County, Tennessee; d. 1915; m. J. WILLIAS WHITFIELD.
v. JOSEPH GREEN HASTINGS, b. 16 Sep 1851, Giles County, Tennessee; d. 20 Mar 1920, Butler Cemetery; m. ANGELINE UNKNOWN.
vi. CHARLES W. HASTINGS, b. Abt. 1855, Giles County, Tennessee; m. FANNY J. BILES, 13 Jan 1884.
vii. JOHN L. HASTINGS, b. Feb 1859, Prospect, Giles County, Tennessee; d. 1936.
viii. WILLIAM G. HASTINGS, b. Abt. 1853, Giles County, Tennessee; m. MARTHA J. BILES.
ix. NEWTON JEROME HASTINGS, b. Aft. 1860; m. SARAH E. WHITMORE.
x. CATHERINE EUDORA HASTINGS, b. Aft. 1860.
8. ELIZABETH6 DUNNAVANT (ABEL BURTON5, JOEL4, THOMAS3, WILLIAM2, CORNELIUS1) was born 1812 in Mecklenburg, Virginia, and died 12 Mar 1885 in Limestone County, Alabama. She married EZEKIEL GIDD HASTINGS 1836 in Giles County, Tennessee. He was born Abt. 1795 in North Carolina.
Children of ELIZABETH DUNNAVANT and EZEKIEL HASTINGS are:
11. i. JOHN7 HASTINGS, b. Abt. 1837, Tennessee.
ii. ZACHARIAH HASTINGS, b. Abt. 1840, Tennessee.
iii. ELIZABETH HASTINGS, b. Abt. 1841, Tennessee.
iv. ALBERT HASTINGS, b. Abt. 1843, Tennessee.
v. LUCINDA HASTINGS, b. Abt. 1849, Tennessee.
vi. WILLIAM HASTINGS, b. Abt. 1846, Tennessee.
9. WILLIAM ARCHER6 DUNNAVANT (JOHN5, JOEL4, THOMAS3, WILLIAM2, CORNELIUS1)1 was born 14 Feb 1827 in North Carolina, and died 10 Sep 1906 in Smith Chapel Henderson County, Tennessee. He married SALLY ANN CURRIN Bef. 1859. She was born 08 Mar 1831 in North Carolina, and died 25 Oct 1904 in Smith Chapel Henderson County, Tennessee.
Children of WILLIAM DUNNAVANT and SALLY CURRIN are:
i. LUCINDA7 DUNNAVANT.
ii. JAMES T. DUNNAVANT.
iii. JOHN ARCHER DUNNAVANT.
iv. JAMES T. DUNNAVANT.
v. CHARLES HENRY DUNNAVANT.
vi. FELIX A. DUNNAVANT.
vii. ANDREW J. DUNNAVANT.
viii. EPHRAM FRANKLIN DUNNAVANT.
ix. MARGARET ELVIRA DUNNAVANT.
x. SAMUEL DAVID DUNNAVANT.
xi. MARSHALL WALTER DUNNAVANT.
xii. ROBERT A. DUNNAVANT.
Elizabeth Fewell b. 28 Feb. 1849 Arkansas, d. 12 Nov 1929 She was the mother of 3 girls,
Florence Ellen b. 03 Jun 1868 Coryell County, Texas (my ggrandmother)
Ollie Bell b. 28 May 1881 Lampasas, Lampasas County, Texas
Annice Oleana b. 02 Oct 1885 Copperas Cove,Coryell County, Texas
Our problem is that we have no idea who the father(s) was of these girls. Family gossip has it that Florence was born out of wedlock. At this time, having children before marriage was not accepted. I think that Elizabeth gave false information and/or her family covered it up.
Every census that I've found Eizabeth in, lists her parents birthplaces differently. Elizabeth's death cert. lists her parents as John Lail of Indiana and Malinda Wells of Missouri, and James Fewell was listed as her husband. In reality, her parents were, most likely, James Fewell of Ohio and Malinda Lail of Missouri.
We've considered DNA testing, but that is impossible because Elizabeth only had girls. So, we are hoping that SOMEONE has a document, picture, or even a theory about who this man (or these men) could have been. ANYTHING constructive anyone wants to add is MORE than welcome!
Attached is a picture of Elizabeth Fewell in New Mexico. I'm unsure of the date, but I would guess around early 1900.
Searching for more information on an Isaac(1)Johnson b. ca. 1760 Virginia and his wife Sarah Garrett b. ca. 1765 Virginia. They are believed to be the parents of Isaac(2)Johnson b.ca. 1787 Virginia d. 1855 Lawrence County Alabama, m. Elinder/Eleanor Mullins in Virginia or Kentucky. They had the following children:
Thomas Johnson b.05 Dec 1822 Lawrence County Al d.10 Oct 1872
Charles Mullins Johnson b. Abt. 1817 Kentucky d.May 1880
Isaac Johnson b.28 Dec 1829 Mouton, Lawrence County,Al d. 30 May 1903
William Johnson b.Abt. 1834 Al d.
Sarah Johnson b.Abt. 1842 Al d.
Elizabeth Johnson b.Abt. 1838 Al d.
Racheal Johnson b.Abt. 1825 Lawrence County, Al d.
I found an entry on the LDS website that listed an Isaac Johnson b. May 29, 1759 St. Peter's Parish, New Kent, Virginia;wife Sarah. They had 7 children. I have not found Isaac connected to Thomas and Elizabeth anywhere else and wondered if anyone could verify this information.
*John Moss and Elizabeth Bird
William Moss b. ca. 1671 York Virginia
d. 1747 Surry Virginia
m. Elizabeth Mason Abt. 1708 Surry Virginia
John Moss b. ca. 1680
Children of William Moss and Elizabeth Mason:
**Benjamin b. 23 Aug 1718 Surry Virginia
Charles b. ca. 1717 York Virginia
John b. 02 Jan 1717 York Virginia
William b. 1716 York Virginia
Edward b. 08 Oct 1710 York Virginia
d. 03 May 1737
James b. 03 Aug 1718
d.Charles Parish, York, Virginia
I have the children of **Benjamin Moss and my direct lineage.
This info came from a Book called
The David Moss Family
Warren and Granville Co. N.C.
Green, Adair, Mercer, Boye, Barren, Hart, Warren Co. Ky.
Williamson and Maury Co. Tenn.
by T.C. Moss, M.D.
658 Stonewall St.
Memphis Tenn. 38107
Printed 1968 by Chauncey Johnson and Associates.
*This book suggests that this our John Moss was the son of Robert Bruce Moss, of Stirling Scotland, and Robert Bruce's wife was named Margaret. No proof has been made to this claim.
Feel free to ask for more info about this line!
Joseph Ezekiel Hastings
b. 12 Oct. Limestone, Al
d. 23 Sept. 1879 Giles Co., Tennessee
buried in Biles-Potts Cemetery
m. Sarah Ann Dunnavant 12 Jan. 1841 Limestone Co. Al.
D/O Abel Dunnavant and Sarah Mitchell
b. 07 March 1823 Mecklenburg, Va
d. 04 July Giles Co. Tennessee
i. Peter Green Hastings
b. 04Feb. 1847 Tennessee
d. 07 Oct. 1877 Aspen Hill, Giles Co., Tenn.
m. Elizabeth Alcena Phillips 29 April 1869 Madison Co. Alabama
D/O Thomas Phillips and Elizabeth Loveless
b. 12 Jan. 1849 Madison Co. Al.
d. 23 Feb. 1900 Al
ii. James H. Hastings
b. ca. 1842 Alabama
iii. Cornelia Ann Hastings
b. 10 Jan 1845 Giles Co. Tennessee
d. 20 Feb. 1925
m. Charles W. Nelson 31 Jan. 1867
iv. Mary Elizabeth Hastings
b. ca. 1849 Giles Co. Tennessee
m. James Whitfield
v. Jospeh Green Hastings
b. 16 Sept 1851 Giles Co. Tennesse
d. 20 Mar 1920 Butler Cemeter
m. Angeline (?)
vi. Charles W. Hastings
b. ca. 1855 Giles Co. Tennessee
m. Fanny J. Biles 13 Jan. 1884
vii. John L. Hastings
b. Feb. 1859 Prospect, Giles Co. Tennessee
viii. William G. Hastings
b. ca. 1853 Giles Co. Tennessee
m. Martha J. Biles
ix. New Jerome Hastings
b. aft. 1860
m. Sarah E. Whitmore
x. Catherine Eudora Hastings
b. aft. 1860
Most of this information was given to me by my Aunt who did tons of research on this tree. Here is the source she sites
Clara Parker, Old Records Section, Giles Co. Courthouse
Will written March 25th, 1879 probated Nov. 3, 1879 Will Book B., . 310
View this will at:
Joseph's father was possibly named James who died sometime after 1842 in Giles Co. Tennessee
Any info you may have on this James Hastings would be greatly appreciated!
I have more detailed info on the rest of this Hastings line if anyone would like!
b. 1702 Argyll, Scotland
d. 1746 Argyll, Scotland
m. Catherine 1727 Jura, Argyl Scotland
b. 1706 Jura, Argyl Scotland
d. Fayetteville, Cumberland County N.C.
i. Catherine Patterson
b. 1730 Jura, Argyll, Scotland
d. 08 June 1822, Fayetteville, Cumberland County, N.C.
m. Kenneth Black
ii. Malcom Patterson
b. 1732 Jura, Argyll, Scotland
d. Fayetteville, Cumberland, N.C.
iii. John Patterson
b. 1731 Island Jura, Argylshire, Scotland
d. 22 Sept. 1812 Aberdeen Moore County, NC
m. Isobel McDuffie 1753 Fayetteville, Cumberland County, N.C.
d/o Daniel McDuffie and Marion Lindsay, b. 1732 Island Colansay, Scotland d. Aberden, Moore County, N.C.
HERE IS THE PART I NEED VERIFICATION FOR!
Malcom T. Patterson
b. 1755, Cumberland Co., N.C.
d. before 1813
m. Mary Monroe
I'm not sure that Malcom T. is the son of John Patterson and Isobel McDuffie and we're not 100% sure that Mary Monroe/Munro was his wife's last name.
Any information on this would be GREATLY appreciated!
I'd be happy to share any info that I may have on this Patterson branch. I have the rest of John and Isobel's children, etc. if anyone needs them.