quirk_cantwell on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
As accurate as I can find so far:
My gt,gt grandmother Margaret Ryan was born 1825 Knockeravella, Ireland.
Her brother Timothy Ryan (a soldier in 1850, so Margaret's convict records say) was born 1827 Knockeravella. Other brothers were Daniel b 1824 and William b 1829.
Margaret was transported on the " Blackfriar" ship to Hobart, Australia in 1851 as a convict where she married another convict, James Dooley ("Joseph Sommes" Ship) . Margaret and Timothy's parents were William Ryan a blacksmith from Knockeravella and Catherine Donohoe (Donohue) possibly from Cloghilawarreela, Limerick. They married in Pallasgreen in 1822. Catherine's brothers Denis and John Donohue were witnesses. William's siblings were Matthew and Anne.
The family legend is that Catherine's family owned Ballinslore(sic) estate and that she married beneath her. The story also says that Margaret was on her way to Dublin to put a claim in on the estate when she was arrested.
Would love to make contact with anyone connected to this family or anyone with more info.
Information below is from the IGI so there could be many mistakes but it is a start. I am happy for someone to correct me if it is wrong.
Ralph Westbury c 1594 Burbage (see below)
Ralph Westbury (from above) married Christian Kelme 1/5/1613 Burbage. She was bapt Burbage 13/1/1595 the daughter of George Kelme and Elizabeth Cayse who married 18/11/1584 Burbage
1. Elizabeth Westbury bapt Burbage April 1620 m Henery Scarlett 24/7/1643 Burbage
2. Anthony Westbury bapt Burbage 1/9/1622 (see below)
Anthony Westbury (from above) married Elizabeth Pyke
12/4/1652 Burbage. Was she bapt 20/3/1624 Little Bedwyn to parents Francis and Agnes? Anthony was buried 12/2/1672.
1. Nathaniel Westbury bapt Burbage 01 May 1651
2. James Westbury bapt Burbage 03 Mar 1853
3. Anthony Westbury bapt Burbage 03 Mar 1853
4. Sarah Westbury bapt Burbage 30 Oct 1655
5. James Westbury bapt Burbage 01 Oct 1660 (see below)
6. Ann Westbury bapt Burbage 01 Jan 1663
7. Henry Westbury bapt Burbage 02 Apr 1665 m Jane unknown. Died 12/10/1727
8. Elisabeth Westbury bapt Burbage 11 Nov 1666
9. Frances Westbury bapt Burbage 12 May 1668
10. Jane Westbury bapt Burbage 4 Dec 1670
James Westbury (from above) married Rose Unknown c 1689 Burbage
1. James Westbury(spelt Westby)bapt 7/7/1689 Winterbourne
2. Anthony Westbury bapt Burbage 27 Dec 1690
3. Elizabeth Westbury bapt Burbage 19 May 1693
4. Giles Westbury bapt Burbage 22 Feb 1695 (see below)
5. Sarah Westbury bapt Burbage 16 May 1697
6. William Westbury bapt Burbage 24 Dec 1699 died 26/12/1699
7. William Westbury bapt Burbage 27 Dec 1702 m Jane Fibbins 25/11/1724.
Giles Westbury (from above) married Mary Chandler 25/11/1724 Burbage. He died 25/6/1748 Burbage.NB: May have married 1st to Mary Marsham 11/11/1722 St Marybourne.
1. Mary Westbury bapt Burbage 12 Nov 1723
2. William Westbury bapt Burbage 25 Jul 1725 (see below)
3. Anthony Westbury bapt Burbage 12 Sep 1727? married Elizabeth in Lambourn.
4. Elizabeth Westbury bapt Burbage 20 Aug 1730
5. Elizabeth Westbury bapt Burbage 22 Feb 1732
6. Susannah Westbury bapt Burbage 18 Mar 1734
7. Henry Westbury bapt Burbage 01 Nov 1733
8. Giles Westbury bapt Burbage 12 Feb 1738
9. Sarah Westbury bapt Burbage 20 May 1739 died 22/3/1743
10. Robert Westbury bapt Burbage 02 Feb 1740
11. Anne Westbury bapt Burbage 27 Jul 1742
NB: Did Giles have another daughter Rose who married William Stiff 1/10/1739 Lambourne
William Westbury (from above) married Alice Barley 14/9/1746 Burbage
1.Giles Westbury bapt Burbage 19 Dec 1746
2. William Westbury bapt Burbage 05 Jun 1748
3. Mary Westbury bapt Burbage 25 Mar 1750 died a spinster 18/2/1828
4. Anthony Westbury bapt Burbage 02 Feb 1752 (see below)
5. James Westbury bapt Burbage 16 Dec 1753 died 7/1/1828
6. Elizabeth Westbury bapt Burbage 19 Apr 1756 died 18/5/1756
7. Elizabeth Westbury bapt Burbage 14 Aug 1757 died 25/10/1757
8. Sally Westbury bapt Burbage 19 Feb1760 m Major Bailey 28/10/1776
9. Betty Westbury bapt Burbage 22 Jul 1762 m John Church 7/4/1793
10. Alice Westbury bapt Burbage 25 Dec 1767 m James Noyes 23/4/1793
Anthony Westbury (see above) married Elizabeth Church 26/11/1789 Burbage
1. Ann Church later Westbury bapt Burbage 22/2/1788 Basechild of Elizabeth m John Bloomfield 1820
2. Susannah Westbury bapt Burbage 11 Apr 1790
3. Sally Westbury bapt Burbage 27 Jan 1793
4. Millicent Westbury bapt Burbage 01 Nov 1795 m William Cram 18/8/1828 Hungerford. She died 1888 Hungerford aged 93
5. Matilda Westbury bapt Burbage 17 Oct 1798 (see below)
6. Giles Westbury bapt Burbage 19 Apr 1802 Buried 9/7/1827 aged 25
7. Alice Westbury bapt Burbage 05 Nov 1804 died 9/12/1809 aged 4 yrs
Matilda Westbury (from above) married 24/8/1818 Amport Thomas Northeast (gamekeeper) born c 1791 Whiteparish to parents Thomas Northeast and Mary Russell. Matilda and Thomas were my Gt x 3 grandparents
Below is a start of my research for the Church family so there are possibly mistakes. If anyone can make it more accurate I would love to hear from you.
MY CHURCH FAMILY DESCENDANCY from Burbage, Wiltshire
1st GENERATION c 1675
John Church married Ann Blanchard 28/1/1702 Burbage
1. Thomas Church bapt Burbage 15/5/1707 (see below)
2nd GENERATION c 1702
Thomas Church (from above) married Elizabeth unknown. He was buried in Burbage 11/7/1772
1. Ann Church bapt Burbage 2/3/1730 buried 3/4/1731
2. Thomas Church bapt Burbage 30/5/1732
3. John Church bapt Burbage 30/5/1732 (see below)
4. Robert Church bapt Burbage 23/7/1734
5. William Church bapt Burbage 5/12/1735
6. Elizabeth Church bapt Burbage 27/4/1737
3rd GENERATION c 1730
John Church (from above) married Elizabeth unknown
1. Elizabeth Church bapt Burbage 4/4/1761. Buried Burbage 9/6/1761
2. Elizabeth Church bapt Burbage 23/4/1762 (see below)
3. Robert Church (yeoman) bapt Burbage 20/5/1764. Buried Burbage 19/6/1822. Will written
4. William Church Church bapt Burbage 13/10/1766 buried Burbage 26/10/1769
5. John Church born c 1768 married Betty Westbury 7/4/1793 Burbage
6. Lucy Church bapt Burbage 23/5/1769 buried 30/10/1769
4th GENERATION c 1761
Elizabeth Church (from above) married Anthony Westbury 26/11/1789 Burbage. He was bapt Burbage 4/2/1752 the son of William Westbury and Alice Barley.
1. Ann Church born Marlborough bapt Burbage 22/2/1788 basechild of Elizabeth. As Ann Westbury she may have married John Bloomfield 2/4/1820 St Marylebone, London.
2. Susannah Westbury bapt Burbage 11/4/1790
3. Sally Westbury bapt Burbage 27/1/1793
4. Millicent Westbury bapt Burbage 1/11/1795 William Cram 18/8/1828 Hungerford
5. Matilda Westbury bapt Burbage 17/10/1798 married Thomas Northeast (Gamekeeper) 24/8/1818 St Marys Amport. He was born c 1791 Whiteparish, Wiltshire the son of Thomas Northeast and Mary Russell. Matilda and Thomas were my gt x 3 grandparents.
6. Giles Westbury bapt Burbage 19/04/1802 Buried 9/7/1827 aged 25
7. Alice Westbury bapt Burbage 05/11/1804 died 9/12/1809 aged 4
Hi, I researched this info for a distant relative who I have lost contact with. Others might find it useful. Information came fro LDS, census and Freebmd. It is as accurate as I can find.
John Scaysbrook and Maria Ferris
BIRTH:(William) John Scaysbrook was born 7/7/1839 13 Howards Green, City Rd, Middlesex the son of Richard Scaysbrook of Sth Newington and Mary Mobley of Duns Tew, Oxfordshire who married 18/11/1824 South Newington, Oxfordshire. Maria Ferris was born 1841 Bow, Poplar. She was the daughter of John Ferris c 1811 Kent, Hythe and Ann Unknown c 1807 Stepney
MARRIAGE: John Scaysbrook married Maria Ferris 1/1/1860 St Johns Bethnal Green.
DEATH: John William Scaysbrook died 1/2/1886 The Sick Asylum Poplar aged 46
Maria Scaysbrook died SepQ 1889 Poplar, Middlesex aged 48
1. Alice Maria (Maud) Scaysbrook b 18/1/1860 (4 Roman Rd, Bow, Poplar)m James Joseph Crabb Leer JunQ 1884 Poplar before immigrating to Australia.
(i) James Albert Leer c 1885 Waterloo married Caroline May
Cotterell 1907 Rockdale.
(ii) Alfred Ernest Frederick Leer 5th Dec Reuske St 1886 Balmain.
He married Minnie Ellen Funston 1908, Sydney
(iii) Herbert E Leer c 1888 Redfern Died 1894 Hurstville
(iv) Alice Edith Leer c 1890 Redfern married 1.William H Cairns
1909 Sydney and 2. Alice then married William Dickens 1920 Manly
dist. She died 1962 Burwood.
(v) Sidney (Sydney) Cecil Leer c 1892 Redfern. He died of wounds
aged 23 14/12/1915 at Gallipoli
(vi) Norman Leslie Leer c 1894 Hurstville married Ellen Evens 1926
2. Rose Ann Scaysbrook b 22/4/1861 (4 Roman Rd, Bow, Poplar). Died
MarQ 1862 Poplar
3. John William Scaysbrook b DecQ 1862 Poplar died DecQ 1863 Poplar
4. Alfred Arthur Scaysbrook b DecQ 1863 Poplar m DecQ 1894 Poplar
to Emily unknown
5. Maria Scaysbrook b JunQ 1866 m MarQ 1889 Poplar to Frank Westrop
6. Charles Richard Scaysbrook b SeptQ 1868 Poplar. WW1 British
Army.Married 1 Elizabeth Cross MarQ 1918 Wolverhampton and 2 Alice
Fletcher JunQ 1922 Wolverhampton. He died MarQ 1934 Wolverhampton
7. William Albert Scaysbrook b 25/1/1871 (14 Ford St
Bow,Poplar)died 15/1/1878 (249 Old Ford Rd, Bow, Poplar) aged 7
8. Walter Henry Scaysbrook b JunQ 1873 Poplar died MarQ 1878 Poplar
9. (Louisa)Grace Scaysbrook b MarQ 1876 Poplar m DecQ 1902 Hackney
to John George (Jack)Hitchcock. She died 3/2/1935 London.
10. Albert Henry Scaysbrook b 8/11/1878 (249 Old Ford Rd, Bow, Poplar)
m Alice Amelia Keeler 28/2/1904 Parish Church, Old Ford, Bow. He
died 18 Sep 1931 Poplar, Middlesex
11. Beatrice Maud Scaysbrook b SeptQ 1881 Poplar m JunQ West Ham,
Essex to ? George Smith.
12. Mabel May Scaysbrook b JunQ 1885 Poplar m Thomas J Cowper
DecQ 1915 Rochford, Essex.
NB: Richard Scaysbrook died?
Mary Scaysbrook (nee Mobley) died 13 Jan 1871 Union Workhouse,
Poplar aged 72
John Ferris died DecQ 1885 Poplar aged 74
Ann Ferris died DecQ 1887 Poplar aged 78
CAUTION: I have made an attempt to connect these Leers but I cannot guarantee I have done it correctly. I am hoping someone can help or correct me if I am wrong. I am a direct descendant from William Richard Leer and Charlotte Jane Sutton. In my research I have not found any of the Leers spelt LEAR
LEERS TO CONNECT
?Christopher Leer married Jane Elmes 13/2/1702 Saint Giles, Cripplegate. Is he connected?
?John Leer married Ann Morchant 1/10/1752 Westminster, London
Christopher Jacob Leer (widow) married Mary Aikman (widow) 7/9/1760 Saint Olave Southwark. He died 1786 Kent (Will). Mary died 1806 Fort Place, Bermondsey (Will).
1. Christopher Jacob Leer bapt 14/2/1762 Saint Olave Southwark, Surrey, Occ: Coachmaker. He married Hannah Viner 1784 St George in Borough. He died c 1822,Surrey(Will). Hannah died 1833 12 Bridge Rd Lambeth (Will)
(i) J Christopher John Leer c 1787-1791 Lambeth (coachmaker) Possibly 3 marriages;?1st to unknown 2nd to Elizabeth Arnold MarQ 1842 St Olave,Southwark and 3rd to Alice Rachel Selway SeptQ 1859 Lambeth. He died JunQ1870 Croydon aged 83.
(ii) Mary Leer c 1790 Died SeptQ 1854 Bromley, Kent (will)
(iii) Augusta Leer 28/8/1791 St Marys Lambeth. She married Andrew McLauchlan 18/8/1823. Andrew died JunQ 1859 Holborn. Augusta died MarQ 1862, Lambeth
(iv) Hannah Leer c 1795 Died JunQ 1847 Bromley, Kent (will)
(v) James Leer c 1797 Lambeth (coachmaker) m Jane Emily Baskerville 25/8/1837. James died JunQ 1870 Croydon aged 73. Jane died JunQ 1871 Croydon aged 55.
James Leer and Mary Ann (was this the same James? 1st marriage)
1. James Daniel Leer b 2/8/1818 bapt 23/8/1818 Saint John
Horseleydowns, Bermondsey, London
2. Jane Ferrin (Fervin) Leer b 6/9/1820 Saint John
Horseleydowns, Bermondsey, London
(vi) Charles Leer c 1799-1802 Lambeth (coachmaker) m Catherine Brown 1825 St James,Clerkenwell. Catherine died DecQ 1870 Camberwell aged 75. Charles died DecQ 1884 Camberwell aged 85
1. Christopher Thomas Leer b 28/9/1827 bapt 16/11/1827 Saint Andrew Holborn, London.
2. Charles Samuel Leer born c 1827 Clerkenwell Middlesex. Occ- Clerk
(vii) Elizabeth Leer c 1800 Lambeth m John Adams 23/4/1827 Saint John the Evangelist, Lambeth.
(viii) Ann Viner Leer 30/8/1801 St Marys Lambeth. She married George Adams 7/11/1833. She died JunQ1870 Gravesend, Kent aged 67
2. James Leer bapt 29/7/1764 Saint Olave, Southwark, Surrey
3.? William Richard Leer c 1770 or earlier/later? m 1st to unknown. 2nd to Frances Berrington 22/11/1801St Mary Magdalene Bermondsey and 3rd to Charlotte Jane Sutton 26/8/1804, Rotherhithe. He died 1806 Kings Row, Walworth, Surrey/London.Occ: Baker? (Will) 450 pounds left to Charlotte.
(i) ?William (Richard) Leer C ?1790 married Mary Baynton 1815 St James Clerkenwell
1. William Richard Leer 6/7/1817 bapt 31/12/1820 Saint Mary-St Marylebone Rd, Saint Marylebone, London. Occ- House decorator
2. George Christopher Leer 15/8/1819 bapt31/12/1820 Saint Mary-St Marylebone Rd, Saint Marylebone, London. Occ- Master painter
3. Charles Edward Leer 15/5/1822 bapt 16/6/1822 Saint Mary-St Marylebone Rd, Saint Marylebone, London. Occ- Journeyman painter
(ii) John Henry Leer bapt 26/5/1804 St Marys Newington, Surrey. Occ-coal porter/ag labourer. Married Mary Ann Box 23/7/1826
Children: 1. Sarah Mary Anne 2. John Henry 3. Charlotte 4. William Richard 5. James Joseph 6.Elizabeth 7. Fanney 8. George. All born Surrey. See other post for details.
NB: The majority of the 2008 Eng BMDs to 1900 belong to the above Leer Families
As accurate as I can find. Would love to make contact with other descendants and share info. or to correct any mistakes.
John Henry Leer was born 26/5/1804. He was the son of William Richard Leer and Charlotte Sutton who married in 1804 Rotherhithe, London. John Henry Leer married Mary Ann Box c 1826.
1.Sarah Mary Anne Leer 19/8/1827 St Marys Lambeth/Newington.
Married DecQ 1851 Newington Charles Cornelius Klumper. She died
1. Charles John Klumper SeptQ 1855 Strand, London married JunQ 1874 to Elizabeth Easton
2. Dirk (Dick) Frederick klumper born 27/12/1857 bapt 24/1/1858
St Olave, Southwark, Surrey married Emma Oakes MarQ 1886 Poplar, London.
3. Henry Cornelius Klumper MarQ 1860 Bermondsey married Rosina
Gibbs DecQ 1883.
4. Mary Anne Klumper DecQ 1869 Poplar may have married DecQ 1896 Poplar
5. Alice Klumper DecQ 1869 Poplar
2.John Henry Leer c 1829 married Eliza Jane Full 2/10/1855 Plymouth. He died 1864-1868.
1.John Henry Leer c 1858 Aldershot, Hampshire
2.Grace Sophia Leer bapt 13/3/1859 at St Bartholemew,
Salford, Lancashire m Edward Wall JunQ 1876 Plymouth
3.William James Leer bapt 27/11/1864 Kingston, Ontario,
Upper Canada m Annie Dooley 28/9/1892 Church Hill, Sydney
3.Charlotte Jane Leer 1831 James St, Lambeth. She was bapt 27/3/1831 St Mary's Lambeth and married 7/1/1854 St Giles, Camberwell to John Thomas Boyce Miles. She died DecQ 1872 Lambeth.
1. Charlotte rebecca Miles b 8/2/1855 bapt 6/4/1855 All hallows the Less, London. She died SeptQ 1858 Newington.
2. Edwin Miles b SeptQ 1860 Newington.
3. Annie Miles b MarQ 1862 Newington
4. Louise Miles b MarQ 1869 Newington.
4.William Richard Leer 4/6/1834 St Mary's Newington may have married Sarah William 22/6/1862 St Mary's Lambeth and/or Ellen Brennan 7/9/1869 in Bunbury,WA. He died 1900 Parramatta.
1. Mary Ann Leer c 1871 Albany WA died 6 days old.
2. ? John Leer c 1872
3. Margaret Alice Leer c 1872 Albany WA married William Hurditch
4. Mary Ann Leer c 1875 Wallsend. Died 1923 Auburn Dist.
5. ? Francis Leer c 1878 (? England)
6. William Richard Leer c 1879 Redfern
7. Ellen Leer c 1882 Redfern.
8. Dorcas E Leer c 1885 Sydney. Died 1886 Waterloo
9. John H Leer c 1890 Sydney (mother Margaret WA)
5.James Joseph Leer c MarQ 1838 St Marys Newington
Married Sarah Crabb JunQ 1858 St Saviour, Southwark, Surrey.
Sarah Leer nee Crabb died DecQ 1871 Poplar aged 41
1. Sarah Ann Leer JunQ 1859 Southwark dist
2. Thomas (James?) Joseph Crabb Leer c JunQ 1861 St George
Southwark, Surrey m Alice Maud Scaysbrook
3. John William Leer c SeptQ 1863 Newington m Jane Stanbridge
4. George Frederick Leer c DecQ 1865 Lambeth m Annie Maria Blackley
5. Charlotte Ruth Leer c DecQ 1867 Lambeth.May have married Geoge Bowers. She died Vic, Aust
6. Walter Thomas Leer c JunQ 1870 St Saviour, London, Surrey. May have immigrated to USA
6.Elizabeth Leer born and died c 1840
7.Fanney Leer c 1842 Walworth m James Holmes SeptQ 1860.
1.James Holmes c 1862 m DecQ 1885 Lambeth Clara Matilda Palmer
Son George James Holmes c 1886 Lambeth m 4/12/1915
Tufnell Park Ethel Minnie Hoare. Son Ronald George born
JunQ 1919 Islington
2.George Holmes c 1873 Lambeth.
3.Louise Charlotte Holmes b DecQ 1875 Lambeth
Fanney died 1879 DecQ Lambeth aged 37.
8.George Leer c 1845 Southwark/Lambeth m Charlotte
Preston JunQ 1867 Newington, Lambeth. He died 1908 NZ
1. Charlotte Annie Preston Leer 19/2/1871 St John Walworth,
Southwark, London m David Caskey 1894 Sydney.
2. George Henry Leer c 1873 Poplar m Fanny E Fowler 1894 Balmain Sth
3. Fanny E Leer c 1875 Poplar who married Charles E Brenneke 1892 Paddington.
4. (Arthur) Alfred Edward Leer c 1879 Poplar married 1st Agnus McMahon 1900 and 2nd Clara Isobela Owens 1906 Sydney. Arthur died 1925 North Sydney.
5. Arthur William Leer 7/12/1880 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania,USA married Elizabeth (Ellen) E Smith Paddington 1903. He died 1930 Granville
The Descendants of James Full and Mary Harris
James Full was bapt 29/3/1799 Ugborough, Devon to parents John Full and Grace Tope. He married Mary Harris 4/11/1823 Rattery, Devon. She was bapt 11/2/1798 the daughter of William Harris and Elizabeth Hellier
1. Mary Ann Full bapt 17/5/1825 Ugborough, Devon. May have died or immigrated.
2. Maria Harris Full bapt 13/4/1828 Ugborough, Devon married John Holloway MarQ 1857 Stoke Damerel dist. Also may have immigrated.
3. Jane Full bapt 8/11/1829 Ugborough, Devon Died 21/5/1835
4. Emma Full bapt 29/1/1832 Ugborough, Devon married Thomas Perks (marriage reg. as Perkes/Perker) JunQ 1873 Stoke Damerel Dist. Immigrated to USA.
5. Grace Full bapt 22/1/1834 Ugborough, Devon married Levi Davis Lockyear MarQ 1857 Stoke Damerel dist.
Children: From 1881 census in USA
1. Fred Lockyear c 1860 Can (Canada?)
2. Frank Lockyear c 1862 Can (Canada?)
3. Edith Lockyear c 1864 Mi
4. Caroline Lockyear c 1866 In
5. Grace Lockyear c 1872 In
6. Minnie Lockyear c 1875 In
6. Eliza Jane Full bapt 21/3/1839 Ugborough, Devon married John Henry Leer 2/10/1855 Plymouth. Thomas Mollins Usher JunQ 1868 Plymouth and Thomas Ivey MarQ 1882 Plymouth
1. John Henry Leer c 1858 Aldershot, Hampshire
2. Grace Sophia Leer bapt 13/3/1859 aged 2 at St Bartholemew, Salford, Lancashire m Edward Wall JunQ 1876 Plymouth
3. William James Leer bapt 27/11/1864 Kingston, Ontario, Upper Canada m Annie Dooley 28/9/1892 Church Hill, Sydney, Aust.
4. Mary Jane Usher DecQ 1868 Plymouth. Died MarQ 1877 Aged 8
5. Maria Ellen Usher SeptQ 1870. Died SeptQ 1873. Aged 3
6. Jessie Maud Usher MarQ 1873 Stoke Damerel m Frances Robert Hopper JunQ 1891 Plymouth.
7. Francis Usher (son) DecQ 1878 Plymouth
7. Charles Full bapt 1/10/1844 Ugborough, Devon married Elizabeth Annie Prowse DecQ 1867
1. Charles Full Mar q 1867 Plymouth
2. Nicholas Full 9/8/1869 Staunton, Loddiswell married Bessie Cardew 1891.
3. Sarah Ellen Full c 1870
4. Alfred HARRIS F FULL dec q 1872 Plympton St Mary
5. Thirza FULL c 1874
6. Mabel Annie FULL Dec q 1877 Plympton st Mary
7. William Henry Harris Full sept q 1878 Plympton
8. Ernest Edward Full sept q 1882 Plympton
9. Olive Geraldine Harris Full sept q 1887 Plympton
Eliza Jane Full and John Henry Leer were my gt gt grandparents
Information as accurate as I can find. No doubt there are some mistakes.
Peter Brown c 1790 Horsley Dist. Married Ann Wall 10/6/1819 at Horsley Parish Church.
Their children that I know of are:
1. Peter Brownb 1820 Shortwood died as an infant 25/4/1823 Shortwood
2. Esther Brown b 1824 Shortwood, Nailsworth. She married Richard Page 4/5/1858 at Cambrey Chapel, Cheltenham. He was bapt 17/10/1833 Down Ampney. Their children were:
1.William Robert (Richard William) Page c 1859 Fairford. He married Eliza Ann Whiley
2. George Page bapt 7/12/1860 Fairford. He married Sarah Northeast 1/11/1885 Long Ditton, Surrey.
3.Sarah Ann Page c 1863 Fairford.
3. Sarah Brown b 1827 Shortwood, Nailsworth. She married William Burrows
Dec Q 1853 Cheltenham. Their son was Joseph Burrows c 1854 Charlton Kings, Cheltenham.
4. Job Brown b 1830 Shortwood, Nailsworth
5. Mary Ann Brown b 1834 Shortwood, Nailsworth. She married Leonard
Clissold Mar Q 1860 Cheltenham. Their children were:
1. Emily Brown Dec Q 1856 Stroud
2. Sarah Jane Clissold c 1860 Cheltenham.
3. Julia Clissold c 1863.Cheltenham She married Richard Edmund Banister Mar Q 1884 W Derby
4. Charles Ernest Clissold c 1870 Cheltenham. He married Florence Emily Baker Sept Q 1891 Cheltenham
5. Lottie Annie Clissold c 1872 Cheltenham
6. Francis Lenard Clissold s 1874 Cheltenham. He married Nancy Dexter June Q 1899 Aston, Warwickshire
7. Kate Septema Clissold c 1876 Cheltenham. She died 1893 Cheltenham aged 16.
6 Joseph Brown b 1836 Shortwood, Nailsworth married Sarah Davis 1864 Penalt, monmouth, Wales.
Their children were:
1. Thomas Brown c 1859 Trelleck, Wales.
2. Job Brown c 1826 Penalt, Monmouth.
3. John Brwn c 1866 Penalt, Monmouth married Sarah Phillips c 1889
4. Edwin Brown c 1869 Penalt, Monmouth m Annie Ellen Polley c 1890 Coleford, Glouc.
5. Caleb George Brown c 1877 Coleford married Mary Jane Reynolds 1900 Monmouth.
6. Samuel Brown c 1880 Coleford, Glouc.
DEATHS: Ann Brown was buried at Shortwood 10/4/1842 aged 43
Peter Brown was buried at Shortwood 18/10/1863 aged 73
MY PAGE FAMILY DESCENDANCY as best as I can work out
My Gt x 4 Grandparents:
Richard Page c1769 and Mary (unknown)I hope someone can help me
Their children that I know of were:
1. (Sarah) Louisa Page bapt 6/6/1790 Down Ampney. Died ? 12/11/1860 Ireland. Basechild: Thomas Thorn Page bapt 17/3/1822 Down Ampney m Ruth Hall DecQ1845 chipping Sodbury, Gloucester.
2. Thomas Page bapt 21/5/1795 Down Ampney . Died 4/3/1818 Earling Churchyard,
3. John Page bapt 20/11/1797 Down Ampney. See below
4. Frances Page bapt 29/9/1800 Down Ampney married George Dowden.
My Gt x 3 Grandparents:
John Page (from above) married Mary Ann Fisher 24/1/1828 at Quenington, Gloucestershire. Mary Ann was the daughter of Luke Fisher and Elizabeth Compton and was bapt 25/6/1809 at Hatherop near Quenington.
Their children were:
1.Mary Ann Page born 23/4/1829 New Brentford, Middlesex. She married William Harrison 15/11/1853 at Maisey Hampton, Gloucestershire. She died 20/9/1907 at Verona, Clay, Nebraska, USA
2. Maria Page born 19/10/1829 New Brentford, Middlesex. She married William Townsend June Q 1865 Cricklade, Wiltshire. She died 20/12/1907.
3. Elizabeth Page bapt 11/3/1831 Down Ampney. She married Richard Mace Marriner 22/8/1858 Lambeth, Surrey. She died 27/1/1905 Shickley, Nebraska,USA
4. Richard Page bapt 17/11/1833 Down Ampney. See below
5. Frances Page bapt 29/5/1836 Quenington. She died 4/7/1864 Devizes, Wiltshire
6. Mary Laura Page bapt 29/12/1839 Down Ampney married Mark Palmer June Q 1869 Cirencester Dist. She died 22/8/1921 Devizes, Wiltshire.
7. Eliza Beth Page bapt 2/10/1842 Quenington. She married George Warren JuneQ 1870, Kingston.
8. (Richard) Thomas Page bapt Down Ampney 22/9/1844 Down Ampney
9. Emma Page bapt 26/12/1846 Down Ampney. Had children to Richard Mace Marriner. She married Charles Joseph Chamberlain 8/11/1880 Wimbledon, Surrey. She may have died 1918 Kingston district aged 64.
10.William Page bapt 28/12/1851 Down Ampney. He married Sarah Wright Dec Q 1880 Hartismere district, Surrey.
11. (John) George Page bapt 17/9/1854 Down Ampney. He died 1858.
My Gt x 2 Grandparents:
Richard Page (from above) married Esther Brown 4/5/1858 at Cambrey Baptist Chapel in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. Esther was the daughter of Peter Brown and Ann Wall who married 10/6/1819 at Horsley.
Their children were:
1. William Richard Page (Richard William) c Sept Q 1859 Fairford. He married Eliza Ann Whiley JuneQ 1881 Gloucester District. He died 23/1/1936 in Cheltenham aged 76
2. George Page 7/12/1860 Fairford. See below
3. Sarah Ann Page c MarQ 1863 Fairford.
My Gt Grandparents:
George Page (from above) married Sarah Northeast 1/11/1885 Long Ditton on Thames, Surrey. Sarah was the daughter of Henry Northeast and Kezia Hoare who married 31/3/1850 at Pentonville, England.
Their children were:
1. George Ernest Page c 1890. Died in China in the army
2. William Henry Page 3/12/1891 Long Ditton See below
3. Elsie Dorothy Page 15/1/1895 m Tasman Charles Handley
4. Stanley Ewart 24/4/1898. Died in France during the war.
William Henry Page (from above) married Edna Mary Bridget Leer 15/10/1914 St Patricks Church, Kogarah, Sydney, NSW, Australia. Edna was the daughter of William James Leer and Annie Dooley who married 28/9/1892 at St Patricks Church, Sydney, NSW.