Taonga1 on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
Elizabeth O'HARA was my maternal 3x great-grandmother.
She may have been nick-named 'Lizzie.'
Her parents were Charles O'HARA, a merchant in Dublin, from Craigbilly County Antrim, and possibly Anne O'NEILL (unconfirmed).
One piece of information suggests that Anne O'Neill was the daughter of Constantine O'Neill, son of Arthur O'Neill, of Shane's Castle, County Antrim. I can't find confirmation.
She had siblings, but I don't have any names. She died at the home of a niece in Dublin.
She was born in Ireland, probably County Antrim, in approximately 1794.
She married Edward CANAVAN probably in Dublin, Ireland.
She had several children - I only have names for those who emigrated to New Zealand:
- Anne Ellen CANAVAN, who married Captain John SMITH in Cork in 1851. Emigrated in 1875.
- Elizabeth Sarah CANAVAN, emigrated before 1858, married George BUCKERIDGE in 1858 in New Zealand.
- Edward O'Hara CANAVAN, married Isabella SCOTT, emigrated in 1872.
- one remaining in Ireland must have married a James CULLEN, his children being Rev. James CULLEN, and Elizabeth Sophia CULLEN who married a HIPWELL.
She died 11 Aug 1874 in Dublin.
- Displaying 1-1 of 1 Journals