tikira on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
Carl Ernst, his wife Christine and their three boys emigrated from Prussia where they settled in the Clifton district near Allora Qld. Their son William married Caroline Streeb and these are my great grandparents. Contact us for more on these families.
NAME: ERNST Friedrich CARL
BORN: 20.09.1819 Lampersdorf, Prussia (shipping record)
DIED: 14.08.1903 Clifton QLD
SPOUSE: KOENIG Christine
BORN: . .1824
DIED: 09.08.1890 Allora QLD
PARENTS: KOENIG Sigismund &
MARRIED: . .1844 (c) Germany.
Wilhelm (William) b. 15.04.1850 d. 10.02.1916 m. STREEP Caroline
Hermann (Henry) b. 19.11.1856 d. 18.06.1926 m. PACHOLKE Minna E
Robert b. 1861 d. 11.11.1917 m. FIELDER Elizabeth
William Henry Springate junior emigrated to Pratten Qld aboard the "Light Brigade" in 1863 as a 13 year old and remained in Pratten where he raised a large family and was a prominent citizen. Contact us to find out more.
NAME: SPRINGATE William Henry (Jnr)
DIED: 04.09.1911 Pratten Qld
PARENTS: SPRINGATE William Henry & CHEEK Rhoda
SPOUSE: STEEL Elizabeth
BORN: 19.12.1856 Qld
DIED: 28.04.1930 Pratten Qld
PARENTS STEEL Thomas & WILSHIRE Jane
MARRIED: 26.10.1878 Darkey Flat Pratten Qld
1. Jane b. 05.08.1879 d. 17.01.1881
2. William Henry b. 21.07.1880 d. 19.11.1957
3. Mary Ann b. 06.02.1882 d. 11.01.1961
4. Thomas Isaac b. 24.08.1883 d. 05.10.1948
5. Elizabeth b. 05.06.1885 d.
6. Rhoda b. 07.11.1886 d.16.03.1966 d. 16.03.1966 m. Hans Peter Hansen
7. Sarah b.23.05.1888 d. 15.02.1920
8. Alice b. 09.12.1889 d.
9. George Essex b. 15.07.1891 d. 14.09.1960
10. Walter Jordan b. 13.05.1893 d. 14.10.1911
11. Loueza b. 29.05.1895 d. 29.06.1895
12. Elijah b. 24.02.1899 d. 01.12.1977
13. John Charles b. 11.08.1900 d. 05.10.1988
This line is fasinating. William was a menber of the notorious "Coggeshall Gang" and was eventually transported to Australia, before returning to England several times, returning with his son William Henry Springate in 1863 aboard the "Light Brigade". Contact us, and be drawn into this interesting family.
NAME: SPRINGATE William Henry
BAPT: 10.11.1818 Coggeshall England
PARENTS: SPRINGETT James & COLE Ann
SPOUSE: CHEEK Rhoda (CHECK)
BORN: .1819 circa
DIED: 16.04.1864 [Witham 4a 197 June 1865]
PARENTS: CHEEK John & HARRIS Sarah
MARRIED: 19.09.1842 Coggeshall Essex England [Witham 12 422 Sept 1842]
Emma bap. 16.11.1842 d. 27.11.1842
Mary Ann bap. 10.01.1845 d. 18.10.1863
George bap. 27.09.1846 d. 18.10.1846 aged 9 months
William Henry bap. 25.04.1847 d. 04.09.1911 m. Elizabeth Steel
Eliza Mary Ann bap. Feb/Mar.1851 d. 17.02.1868 Pratten Qld.
Wayne and I have been researching Pastor August Daniel Hartwig for a lot of years, and have a lot of information on this family. Pastor AD Hartwig was a lutheran minister around Qld. . Please contact us to talk about this very interesting family.
NAME: HARTWIG August Daniel
BORN: 25.10.1850 Fuerstensee in Pommern, GERMANY
DIED: 16.12.1921 Buried Douglas Qld Cemetery
PARENTS: HARTWIG Ferdinand & WENDTLAND Wilhelmine
SPOUSE: STABE Wilhelmine Amalie
BORN: 18.04.1855 Alplacht Brandenburg (Now Berlin)
DIED: 10.09.1930 Buried Douglas Qld Cemetery
PARENTS: Carl Wilhelm Rudolph STABE & Marie Louisa HESS
MARRIED: 11.05.1876 Zillmere Qld # 0055
1. John Carl Ferdinand b. 25.12.1876 d. 03.01.1942 m. Geitz Sophia (Wayne's ancestor)
2. David Daniel b. 29.03.1878 d. 02.03.1961 m. Hartwig Martha Maria
3. Maria Caroline b. 19.10.1879 d. m. Pukullus Herman
4. Samuel Simeon b. 17.10.1881 d. 06.11.1963 m. Polzin Lucia
5. Paulus Petrus b. 10.12.1883 d. 09.08.1950 m. Pukullus Helena
6. Jacob Joshua b. 12.04.1886 d. 24.02.1955 m. Pukullus Annie
7. Ruth Lydia b. 15.03.1888 d. 08.03.1974 m. Abraham Bill
8. Benjamin b. 19.06.1891 d. 29.05.1971 m. Pukullus Bertha
9. Miriam Martha b. 05.08.1893 d. m. Pukullus Edward
Owen O'Neill (1820-1922) married Catherine Foley (1828-1897) in 1851.
The family emmigrated from Banteer co Cork Ireland in 1857.
The family consisted of 10 children.
Mary Jane married John T Taylor
Catherine (1855-1947) married Francis O'Keefe then Henry Heffernan.
Jeremiah married Mary A Woods
Owen married Ellen Hallahan
Honora married Patrick Callanan
Peter married Catherine Lenehan
Ellen married John J Spackman
Denis married Mary A Withers
Johanna married Colin Erroll
Julia Anastasia married Joseph Coves.
Owen was a very colourful character, and had a running feud with his neighbours. He spent two years in Gaol, and lived to be 102.
We have done extensive research on this line and invite anyone with a connection to contact us.