vichou on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
Just joined up with Family Tree Circles
I am from New Zealand and have been researching my family tree for 10 years and been interested in it for more years.
We have just had a DOUGLAS reunion and we are now in the process of gathering information for a Book.
William DOUGLAS came to NZ in 1861 from Northern Ireland with 10 children - 1 died on the way. 4 daughters married and I am researching their names.
1. Sarah Jane DOUGLAS married John HUESTON in 1870 and farmed in West Auckland
2. Rachel Maria DOUGLAS married Samuel Martin GREEN in 1863 and lived in Ponsonby and Devonport, Auckland - SM Green being a boot maker and saddler
3. Elizabeth DOUGLAS married Walter CARDER in 1872 and lived in Hosonville - W Carder was a potter
4. Mary DOUGLAS was the 2nd wife of William Arthur MARRINER. They married in 1872 and lived in Mangawhare on Kaipara Harbour.
I found this website through the Surname Navigator
- Displaying 1-1 of 1 Journals