Walsh Family of southwest County Cork, Ireland, near Skibbereen
We have traced our family back to Skeagh, Skibbereen in southwest County Cork, Ireland where John Walsh was married to Honora Henissey and had three children that we know of born ca 1805-1810:
1. Jeremiah 2. Daniel 3. Ellen
1. Jeremiah Walsh married Margaret Connolly in the 1830s, and had three children that we know of:
1. Jeremiah (jr.) - born in 1845, married Catherine Minihane of Ballyally, Skibbereen in 1873 and had 11 surviving children. 10 came to the US and settled in Missouri, Illinois and New Jersery
2. Daniel - born in 1849, married Ellen Minihane of Ballyally, Skibbereen and had 7 children. Daniel died in the 1890s, and it's believed that Ellen took the 7 children to Australia.
3. Mary - born 1839. Don't know anything about her.
2. Daniel Walsh married Ellen Coughlan of Lissaclarig, Skibbereen ca 1840, lived in Skeagh, Skibbereen and had 7 children:
1. Mary H. Walsh born ca 1841, who married William O'Brien of Kilkilleen, Skibbereen ca 1862 and had 11 children.
2. Ellen Walsh born ca 1843, married John Sheehan of Drinagh, Skibbereen and had 7 children (that we know of).
3. John Walsh, born 1845, married Johanna O'Driscoll of Ballymacrown, Baltimore in 1873 and had 8 children
4. Hanora Walsh born in 1847, married Thomas Salter of Lisheen, Skibbereen in 1866 and had 9 children.
5. Jeremiah born in 1850, became Brother Gall in the Holy Ghost order in Cork City.
6. Daniel Walsh, born in 1855, emigrated to New Zealand, married and farmed there.
7. Catherine Walsh, born in 1859, married Daniel Harrington of Kilkilleen, Skibbereen in 1880 and had 7 children.
3. Ellen, born 1824 - don't know anything about her.