wedding of Violet Myrtle Amy HUNTER & Noel George SUNDGREN - Lower Hutt 1929
5 December 1929 - WEDDING BELLS
SUNDGREN - HUNTER
... St David's Church, Britannia Street, was last Wednesday evening, the scene of a pretty and popular wedding, when Violet Myrtle, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs F. Hunter, Petone, was married to Noel George, third youngest son of Mr and Mrs H. Sundgren, Lower Hutt. The Rev J. C. Loan officiated
The bride entered the church accompanied by her father and was attired in a charming froc of pale pink chenille georgette with a bodice pettled mariette skirt of eneven hem. Her veil was arranged together with pink tulle under silver tissue, with coronet of orange blossom intertwined with diamente trimming and she carried a bouquet of pale pink and cream roses and orange blossoms.
The bride was attended by Miss DOROTHY MARTIN as bridesmaid, her frock being of delphinium blue and lemon crepe de chine.
Mrs V. BERTELSEN, sister of the bride, was matron of honour and wore a pretty dress of pale green and lemon satin Celanese.
Both wore coronets of tulle and floral tinsel with rosebud trimmings to match, and carried bouquets of roses and columbines.
Mr L. LANGFORD was best man, while Mr V. SUNDGREN carried out the duties of groomsman
After the ceremony a reception was held at the Labour Hall when some 60 guests were entertained at breakfast.
The guests were received by the bride's mother, who was attired in beige crepe de chene with coatee of radium lace and hat to match with touches of cornflour blue. Her posie consisted of maidenhair fern and autumn tinted roses.
The tables decorated in tones of pink and lemon, and presented a pleasing appearance, while a pink floral bell composed of honeysuckle, pink and cream roses and formed with a cluster of pink, blue, and green and covered with wish-bones hanging from the centre.
Dancing was afterwards indulged in, the music being supplied by Mr C. BERTELSEN
Among those present the following were noticed:-
• Miss L. ARMSTRONG, green georgette and lace
• Mrs T. ARMSTRONG, figured silk
• Miss V. ARMSTRONG, flame georgette
• Mrs BERTELSEN, fawn crepe de chene
• Mrs C. BERTELSEN, green georgette
• Mrs W. DICKSON, green mariette
• Miss HANDS, lemon georgette
• Mrs H. HANDS, navy crepe de chine
• Mrs G. GRANT, navy blue crepe de chine
• Mrs J. LARSEN, navy blue crepe de chine
• Mrs C. MARTIN, figured silk
• Mrs J. MURRAY, beige crepe de chine
• Mrs S. SHEARER, navy and fawn
• Mrs W. G. SHEARER, figured crepe de chine
• Miss SILVA, blue satin
• Miss E. SUNDGREN, navy georgette
• Mrs Z. K. TAYLOR, navy blue crepe de chine
• Miss V. TILLER, rose chiffon velvet and gold taffeta
• Miss E. WOODHEAD, beige
• Mr ARMSTRONG
• Mr BERTELSEN
• Mr BUTLER
• Mr COLLIER
• Mr DICKSON
• Mr EADES
• Mr GILLESPIE
• Mr GRANT
• Mr HAYS
• Mr LARSEN
• Mr LEOMAN
• Mr MARTIN
• Mr MURRAY
• Mr PECK
• Mr SHEARER
• Mr YOUNG
and many others
The happy couple who wre the recipients of many handsome presents later left for the north, the bride wearing naby blue satin crepe de chine and lemon with hat to match