WILLESDEN UNITED SYNAGOGUE CEMETERY, London
the Willesden Jewish Cemetery is a cemetery for Jews in Beaconsfield Road, Willesden, London Borough of Brent.
It opened in 1873 on a 20-acre (0.08 km2) site.
More properly, it is the Willesden United Synagogue Cemetery
Some of the notable persons interred there are:
- see above link for more info on each person -
* Asher Asher (18371889), first Scottish Jew to enter the medical profession. In London, he was secretary of its Great Synagogue, and then the first secretary of the United Synagogue.
*I Rosalind Franklin (1920-1958), co-discoverer of the structure of DNA
* Barney Barnato (1852-1897), financier
* Dudley Joel (1904-1941), businessman, politician, World War II naval officer
* Jim Joel (1895-1992), businessman, racehorse owner
* Alfred Charles de Rothschild (1842-1918), Governor of the Bank of England
* Anthony Nathan de Rothschild (1810-1876)
* Charles Rothschild (1877-1923)
* Charlotte von Rothschild (1819-1884)
* Hannah Rothschild, Countess of Rosebery (1851-1890)
* James A. de Rothschild (1878-1957)
* Leopold de Rothschild (1845-1917)
* Lionel Walter Rothschild, 2nd Baron Rothschild (1868-1937)
* Lionel de Rothschild (1808-1879)
* Lionel Nathan de Rothschild (1882-1942)
* Mayer Amschel de Rothschild (1818-1874)
* Nathan Mayer Rothschild, 1st Baron Rothschild (1840-1915), banker, politician
* Marcus Samuel (1853-1927), 1st Viscount Bearsted, banker and a founder of Shell Oil Co.
* Sir Albert Sassoon
* Sir Edward Sassoon, 2nd Baronet, of Kensington Gore
* Conchita Supervía (1895-1936), Spanish mezzo-soprano.
* Simeon Solomon (1840-1905), painter
* Sir Julius Vogel (1835-1899), Prime Minister of New Zealand
* Giulia Warwick (1857 - 1904), opera singer