William LOCKLEY + Elizabeth CONNELL - Cambridge, Waikato
William was born about 1821 in Rhode Island USA, son of John a gamekeeper, and as a young man worked in a Birmingham cutlery factory. He enlisted as a regular soldier in the 65th Regiment and served in the Crimea and India. He came to New Zealand about 1858 and he married Elizabeth Connell (who had a daughter Fanny) in 1860. They then had nine children - Isabella, Henry, Jack, Basil, Caroline, Alice, Ellen, Mary and David.
William enlisted in the 3rd Waikato Militia on 23 November 1863 in Nelson. His Regiment Number was Private 945 and occupation a soldier.
They farmed on the Hamilton Road bordering the Town's Green Belt and later lived in Bowen Street. From 1870 to 1888 William's occupation was listed as a sawyer and he died 31 May 1890.
William LOCKLEY married Elizabeth CONNELL in 1852
their children were:
18.. - Isabella Lockley
- Isabella married Robert FERGUSON in 1880
1860 - 1926 Henry Lockley
- Henry married Elizabeth FERGUSSON in 1882
18.. - Jack Lockley
1865 - 1939 Basil Lockley
- Basil married Mary DAVITT in 1892
18.. - Caroline Locley
- Caroline married Joseph McMILLAN in 1888
18.. - Alice Lockley
18.. - Ellen Lockley
- Ellen married Daniel SKELLY in 1875
18.. - Mary Lockley
- Mary married James COLLINS in 1871
1873 - 1921 David Lockley
As you can see this is needing a lot of help ...
- please leave a coment below if you can help with this family