WILLIAMS: Nathaniel GREEN born ca 1774 in New Jersey, of Welsh extraction, married Anna CLARK, moved to Davenport, Scott, IA
Nathaniel G. WILLIAMS born in New Jersey and married Anna CLARK ca 1796 in Westfield, Union, New Jersey.
She was born ca 1779 in Westfield, dtr of Charles and Anna YEOMAN CLARK. She died 20 Dec 1797 in Westfield.
In 1856, Nathaniel moved to Davenport, Scott, Iowa from Elizabethtown, Union, New Jersey to live with his dtr Ann Williams BARROWS. He died in Davenport on 27 Oct 1861 ata ge 87, and is buried on the Willard BARROWS lot in Davenport's Oakdale Cemetery. Nathaniel GREEN WILLIAMS had 2 children:
1. Charles Clark born 29 Nov 1797 in Westfield, Union, New Jersey
2. Ann H (possibly Hutchinson) born 9 Aug 1808 in Westfield and married Willard BARROWS in 1832 (no date) in Elizabethtown, Union, New Jersey. Willard was born 1806 (no date) in Monson, Hampden, Massachusetts and became a school teacher in Elizabethtown after his education. He next was a surveyor of Indian lands for the US Government. In 1837 while surveying in the West, he met Duncan CAMPBELL ELDRIDGE who persuaded Willard to bring his family to Davenport.
"Barrows New Map of Iowa" published in 1854 attracted many families where the land agency of BARROWS amd MILLARD sold thousands of acres to settlers and speculators. Willard traveled across the plains to California, Central Ameriica and the Carribean, and toward the end of his life, he was active in the banking business in Montana and Idaho gold fields. He died 5 Fan 1868 in Davenport, Scott, Iowa; Ann died 16 Mar 1887 in Omaha, Douglas, Nebraska. They are buried in Oakdale Cemetery. They had 4 children.
1. Sarah J. born ca 1844 in New Jersey, died 1915 (no date or place)
2. Carie G. (my reference spelling) born ca 1837 in New Jersey
3. Benjamin H. (possibly Hutchinson) born 30 Dec 1847 in Davenport, bur Omaha,Nebraska (no death date)
4. Willard born 1849 in Davenport, died 2 Aug 1849 at age 2 mos and is bur in Oakdale Cemetery.