genevene on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
My Greatgrandfather: Henry or John Henry Turner was born about 1827 in Prince Edward Co,Ontario, Canada, died abt 1877, Ontario, Canada. Married Frances Brooks abt 1860,she died 11 July 1869, Athol twp, Prince Edward Co. Ontario, Canada. Daughter of John Brooks and Catherine Chase.
They have four children
1. John Henry Turner bn: 1861, Brighton, Northumberland Co, Ontario. d: 1902 Hillier, Prince Edward, Ontario. Md: Lydia Jane Belnap 1869-1916, dau of Wm Belnap & Louise Jane Forshee. They had no children. They operated a General Store in Hillier, Hallowell twp, Prince Edward Co, Ontario.
2. Stephen Finley Turner bn:1863,Brighton, Northumberland, Ontario-d:1946 Stettler, Alberta. Md: Kathleen M. Gallagher 1885 of Duhamel, Quebec d: 1969 Big Valley, Alberta. Daughter of Andrew Gallagher & Katherine Colter, of Ireland to Quebec. They had 8 children. All living in Alberta.
3. Ann Turner: 1865 died in infancy.
4. James Abbott Turner bn: 1866 Brighton, Northumberland, Ontario. d: 1915, Wellington, Hallowell, Prince Edward, Ontario. Md: Alberta Jane Rorabeck 1867-1929. Daughter of Benjamin H. Rorabeck & Mary Jemia Lowe. They had 8 children , 5 died, 2 daughters had no children. Their oldest child had children.
Henry or John Henry Turner is the son of John Turner born abt 1800, Cornwall, England, Came to Canada before 1827. He froze to death. His wife ( John's) ______ Geroe, married ______ Riddle or Riddel after his death (after 1827), Newmarket, Ontario, Canada. Henry is the only child we know of, there may have been more children but we can not find census records of the family or a connection to other Turner families in Ontario.
Anyone having further info. on this Turner family and especially connection to other Turner families in Ontario, please contact me. Thanks. Also info. of John Turner from Cornwall, England.
- Displaying 1-1 of 1 Journals