Levi TREASURE of Stoke Lane, Somerset, England
Leuey (Levi) Treasure was born at Stoke Lane, Somerset, England and baptised to James Treasure (no mother?s name recorded) on the 8th Oct 1771 at St Michael?s Parish Church.
On the 13th Jan 1806 Levi Treasure married Bettey (Elizabeth) Trusler at the All Saints Parish Church in Downhead, Somerset. The witnesses to the wedding were John Walter & Hannah Lewis.
They had 13 children together baptised in Stoke Lane as listed below:
1. 7th Dec 1806 ? Nancey (Ann)
2. 31st Jul 1808 ? Elizabeth
3. 23rd Sep 1810 - Elizabeth
4. 25th Dec 1812 ? Jane
5. 11th Jun 1815 ? John ? Levi is a Limeburner
6. 15th Mar 1817 ? Levi ? Levi is a Limeburner
7. 2nd Aug 1818 ? George ? Levi is a Farmer
8. 6th May 1821 ? Mary Ann ? Levi is a Farmer
9. 20th Apr 1823 ? Sarah ? Levi is a Coal Carrier
10. 10th Apr 1825 ? Edward ? Levi is a Collier
11. 26th Mar 1828 ? Eliza ? Levi is a Labourer
12. 6th Sep 1829 ? James ? Levi is a Labourer
13. 16th Dec 1832 ? Eliza ? Levi is a Coal Carrier
On the 2nd Mar 1819 Levi Treasure was tried and found guilty of larceny. He was sentenced to 6 months imprisonment and a public whipping. See transcription of trial documents.
On the 2nd Apr 1840 he was tried for burglary simple before convicted of a felony. He was found not guilty. His son Edward was acquitted of a felony on the same day.
On the 6th Jun 1841 Levi Treasure is living at Phelp?s Hill, Stoke Lane with his wife Elizabeth, son James and daughter Eliza. He is working as an agricultural labourer.
On the 30th Mar 1851 Levi Treasure is living at East End, Stoke Lane with wife Betty and working as a Coal Carrier.
On the 7th Apr 1861 Levi Treasure is living at East End, Stoke Lane with wife Betty. He is listed as retired.
Levi Treasure passed away on the 18th May 1861 at Stoke Lane. He was buried at St Michael?s Parish Church on 26th May 1861.