YARKER Family Tree and YARKER Genealogy Records
Register yourself as a YARKER researcher
Surname Definition: See Family Crest.
Origins: An ancient surname from Yorkshire, England.
There appear to be two origins for this very interesting name. The first is from Yorkshire where the term 'to york' is still in use, and means 'to pull' and was applied to the official of the local Court sent to arrest wrong doers, and also known as the 'whipper in'. The second is from the Midlands and West Country and is a medieval job description for a person who sewed the uppers to the soles of shoes! The first recorded spelling of the family name is shown to be that of John Le Yorker which was dated 1327, The Pipe Rolls of Cambridge during the reign of King Edward 111 The Father of the Navy 1327 -1377. Surnames became necessary when Governments introduced personal taxation.
- YARKER Family Crest and Name History
- YORKER Family Genealogy Forum
- YORKER Family History & Genealogy MessageBoard
- Over 3,000 search results for YARKER at RootsWeb
- Over 300 search results for YARKER at TribalPages
- Over 700 search results for YARKER at GenCircles
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission YARKER results
- Over 70 search results for YARKER at Geneanet
- YARKER entry at thepeerage.com - A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe
YARKER Family History and YARKER Family Genealogy Journals
by ngairedith on 2011-01-26 06:38:58. page views: 2142, comments: 0
by ngairedith on 2010-09-16 10:09:52. page views: 1810, comments: 0
by ngairedith on 2010-09-02 08:00:39. page views: 2298, comments: 0
by Warby on 2009-04-13 15:39:10. page views: 1339, comments: 2